Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > CPU's and Motherboards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 25, 2009, 05:26 PM
Rookie

Default Same here

Hi, i have the same problem. I have the p6t deluxe v2 with i7 920 and 3x2gb corsair dominator, psu antec earthwath 650. With one dimm the system boot up, but i would like to know how to use the other two. I tested them and they are all fine (i can boot up with any of them if it's just one at a time) It seems a normal issue in many motherboards, but i don't have any idea about how to solve it. I tryed everything> unplug everything, tweak x.m.p., clear rtc ram... Any ideas? :help:

Thanks in advance
Old April 25, 2009, 05:38 PM
Banned

A4-F8 One the motherboard, on the side of the CPU near the Keyboard IO , you have a 8 pins connector, half of it is cover with a black cap, if you want to use a 8 pins you remove the caps, a 4 pins is usally enought.
Old April 25, 2009, 05:39 PM
Banned

Awseware , did you plug the power connector on the video card. ? but usally it's supose to buzz if not
Old April 25, 2009, 06:01 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dataxpert View Post
A4-F8 One the motherboard, on the side of the CPU near the Keyboard IO , you have a 8 pins connector, half of it is cover with a black cap, if you want to use a 8 pins you remove the caps, a 4 pins is usally enought.

ic i will try it now

btw thanks

brb
Old April 25, 2009, 07:01 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dataxpert View Post

I would like to say big thank for your answer to my question, the problem is sorted
bye
Old April 25, 2009, 07:41 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanchesqui View Post
Hi, i have the same problem. I have the p6t deluxe v2 with i7 920 and 3x2gb corsair dominator, psu antec earthwath 650. With one dimm the system boot up, but i would like to know how to use the other two. I tested them and they are all fine (i can boot up with any of them if it's just one at a time) It seems a normal issue in many motherboards, but i don't have any idea about how to solve it. I tryed everything> unplug everything, tweak x.m.p., clear rtc ram... Any ideas? :help:

Thanks in advance
make sure that you have your 3 memory stick plugged into the slots farthest away from cpu (i think theyre red on p6t v2). On core i7 systems memory should always be placed in slots farthest away from cpu for some strange reason.
Old April 25, 2009, 08:40 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

There is something else you can try, test the PSU. Some time OCZ 850 have the same problem than Enermax 620 or 430. They die for no reason. These 3 PSU are RMA champion it's like...seagate 1.0tb they have make a big deffect batch but never found the issue before to sell it. I'm pretty sure that's not the issue (psu working but can't send all power ) but maybe It can be easy for you coz OCZ have incredible service...and asus some time...well i'm stopping here...
There is some issue we see sometime with people building theire own build ( I'm not saying you are a dumb the first one happen to me about 3 week ago...and yes I was feeling dumb a bit XD )

- killing the board by pluggin 4 or 8 VGA pin into the ATX 4-8 pin.
- drop a scewdriver on the board during setup
-wierd one but...Some time the board want to have spacer ring between ATX screw and itself.

Martin_metal_88
Old April 26, 2009, 04:41 AM
Rookie

Hi again,

Thanks for all the answers. Unfortunatelly, i tryed already those things. I connected the 8 pin removing the black cap. My memory is placed on the red slots, and at first it was running at 1066 with no results, and when i set it up in 1600, it didn't work...
I was thinking that it could be that there is 2 dead slots, but the problem seems so common, also in othere asus motherboards, that i thought there should be an answer.
All the components are working. i manage to install vista with 2 gb and all the ram stick works fine one by one...
Old April 26, 2009, 04:45 AM
Rookie

I also flashed the bios for the latest version (302 i think) but nothing...