Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > CPU's and Motherboards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 12, 2009, 03:01 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Quote:
Oh, and Realityshift, FYI the PCI-Ex1 slot is blocked as soon as you put a double-slot card in the 1st GPU slot. Look at pictures of the board, it's very apparent.
Sorry man I didnt notice they changed from the 790 layout where there was a 1x above the first 16x, you are right ;)
Old March 12, 2009, 03:03 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Realityshift View Post
Sorry man I didnt notice they changed from the 790 layout where there was a 1x above the first 16x, you are right ;)
I found out the hard way. After I bought the board.
Old March 12, 2009, 03:05 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

I wonder why they did that? seems like a really bad place to put the 1x considering what this board is made to do, I like the placement of it on the 790i. makes alot more sense to me o.O
Old March 12, 2009, 03:11 PM
F@H

My System Specs

It would have been smarter to put the PCI-Ex1 down in place of one of the PCI Slots. It's not above the 1st GPU slot because there's no room for a card with the NB cooler there. But no-one asked me.

Sorry Cam, kind of OT here. +1 to the EVGA, your sound card will work in another slot. I really like mine, and there's tons of good material on the EVGA forums to help get you up and running.
Old March 12, 2009, 03:28 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Yeah I think I'll be going with the EVGA; ugh so many decisions.. I can't put it off any longer I'm dying to see this 965 running!
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in the immediately preceding post are those of encorp and do not reflect the views and/or opinions of family, friends, or anyone remotely associated with encorp unless explicitly stated. encorp does not make any warranty, express or implied, or assumes any liability or responsibility for the quality, factuality or use of information in the immediately preceding post.
Old March 12, 2009, 05:00 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

+1 Evga X58 - 920 OC's very easily,,,,as for Northbridge Fan noise...you kidding...with 5 x 120 mm Scythe and 2 x GTX 280's....and Raptor "rumbling" away....perhaps the noise is thier but it is somewhat "masked"..

Old March 13, 2009, 12:07 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjbarker View Post
+1 Evga X58 - 920 OC's very easily,,,,as for Northbridge Fan noise...you kidding...with 5 x 120 mm Scythe and 2 x GTX 280's....and Raptor "rumbling" away....perhaps the noise is thier but it is somewhat "masked"..
Noise is never a bother; honestl - I'm an audio engineer and I know exactly what frequencies my fans emit; and they are absorbed superbly... you can barely hear my fans unless you open my case.
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in the immediately preceding post are those of encorp and do not reflect the views and/or opinions of family, friends, or anyone remotely associated with encorp unless explicitly stated. encorp does not make any warranty, express or implied, or assumes any liability or responsibility for the quality, factuality or use of information in the immediately preceding post.