Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > CPU's and Motherboards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 11, 2009, 11:25 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default EVGA X58 Classified

The EVGA X58 classified is released but their site has crashed. I also can't find it in any store online. I really want to know the price.

Sponsor a child!
Fight poverty.

Qoute by Perineum
"ID10T. I just BETCHA he's got 9 toolbars on his web browser right now."
Old March 11, 2009, 11:31 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

I would assume around $400 CDN......

Old March 11, 2009, 11:32 AM
Rookie

550$ CAN I think I have see it 450$ USD on EVGA website.
Old March 11, 2009, 11:35 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I hope it is 400 CND then I would go for it but if it is more then 450 probably not.

Sponsor a child!
Fight poverty.

Qoute by Perineum
Old March 11, 2009, 11:37 AM
Rookie

The board is 450USD, less then 450$ Can it impossible.
Old March 11, 2009, 11:39 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Dang I think I saw 450 for the price and that is USD. Trying to get the my products page to load.

Sponsor a child!
Fight poverty.

Qoute by Perineum
Old March 11, 2009, 11:42 AM
Rookie

Quote:
will once I complete my step up.
I was able to get to see the pricing of the board and its 450 bucks and the shipping is crazy.
Ground 8$+
3 day 45$
2 day 70$
Next day 114.00$
All in USD
Old March 11, 2009, 11:43 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
I hope it is 400 CND then I would go for it but if it is more then 450 probably not.
Hey Belgolas - what are you looking for specifically in the Classified that your not happy with in the original X58? Just curious...I know they have the "additional" GPU support for PhysX...but what else...since I flashed to SZ21 my Board has performed very nicely.....
Also...perhaps you or 3oh6 could shed some light...I've had some nice success OC'ing (again...since flashing to SZ21), but have been utilizing the "without vDroop" feature, I was advised bt a fellow "Liderc" on the Evga Forum that this is not advisable due to damage to both the CPU and PSU in the event of Voltage spikes.....?
Your thoughts...?

Old March 11, 2009, 11:57 AM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjbarker View Post
Also...perhaps you or 3oh6 could shed some light...I've had some nice success OC'ing (again...since flashing to SZ21), but have been utilizing the "without vDroop" feature, I was advised bt a fellow "Liderc" on the Evga Forum that this is not advisable due to damage to both the CPU and PSU in the event of Voltage spikes.....?
Your thoughts...?
my thoughts are that people with an opinion shouldn't be advertising their opinion like it is fact. i think i have seen that thread over there and i completely avoid commenting on vDROOP because i don't have the electrical engineering background to provide fact...and like i said above, opinions should be very cautiously provided.

my thoughts are if it helps great, some times i have found overclocks are just more stable or stable higher disabling any vDROOP. other times i have found running with vDROOP to help. we have had the option to eliminate vDROOP on motherboards for quite some time now and there hasn't been a linked rash of dead CPUs/MBs...there may be one that no one has simply associated yet, but nothing concrete or even speculated.

if i had to give an opinion, i would say look at all of the facts and critically decide for yourself. but certainly don't base your decision on one source that may or may not have any idea what he/she is talking about. one person that does know what they are talking about is Raja, and i believe his stance is that of a conservative one stating that vDROOP is needed and that we all just don't know what it is and what it does...blah blah blah. again, i may not agree with his why's or the way he presents an argument, i do understand his explanations and they hold up. at the same time, Kris Boughton - also of anandtech staff - has had some really "convincing" arguments get shot straight to shyt over time. so again, even with a seemingly intellectual stance that Raja brings, it could very well be flawed.

i don't mean to further confuse but do promote further critical thinking on the subject.
Old March 11, 2009, 12:07 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Thanks for the explanation....not sure just how "reputable" some of the "more active" posters (Evga) are as far as "electrical technological" stuff goes...I know my other 780i Board does not have this option and have read many a Thread about folks disabling vDroop via the Pencil Mod.....I can only assume that with the option on new Mobo's the manufactures of the Boards and the developers of the BIOS would shy away from providing a feature that could result in a CPU / PSU going "ppphhhtttt"............