Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > CPU's and Motherboards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 6, 2009, 02:00 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default EVGA X58 OC'ing boot issue

Ok, I'm still playing around trying to find the highest stable OC so I can start folding again, problem is, all of a sudden no matter what OC I try I keep getting the same problem during boot up, it keeps stopping at code 94, "Final init for last micro details before boot" and thats all the users manual says. I'll be honest, I have no frickin' clue what that means! Does anyone with an EVGA X58 know how I can fix or get past this? Thanks in advance

Old February 6, 2009, 03:02 PM
"Quote This..."
F@H

Even at bios defaults?
Old February 6, 2009, 04:28 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Nope, default settings boot fine, but what I want to know is how do I fix it?....I tried calling EVGA but the wait was too long and I had to go out so I didn't do the callback option. I guess I'll try them again tonight.

Old February 6, 2009, 04:31 PM
"Quote This..."
F@H

I've got a feeling its some timings or other settings. When I first started playing with my evga x58 i couldn't get it to clock at all until I got the settings right. You need to force a few things off auto.

Old February 6, 2009, 04:41 PM
"Quote This..."
F@H

the trfc of 74 is critical to the memory.
so is the CPU VTT (uncore) voltage. Up it to +250mv
boost the pwm frequency to the max value allowed. 1057khz
force the qpi frequency to 4.8gt
set the memory ratio to 2:8 and the qpi multiplier to 16x
Old February 6, 2009, 06:19 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Well, I've OC'd it a few times already, had it at 4.2 but not too stable so I back it down to 3.8 stable, the problem only began on Wed. when I wanted to try to get 4.0 stable. I've had most of the same setting you show except needed alittle more vcore to hit 4.2 so that isn't the issue. It just all of a sudden started freezing up at code 94 on boot up but it boots fine on stock settings. What does "Final init for last micro details before boot" mean???

Old February 6, 2009, 09:49 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Well, whatever it was that the code 94 couldn't initialize, before, I popped out the mobo battery, 2 sticks of ram and disconnected one gpu then rebooted and everything is back to normal. Put back the ram and connected the 2nd gpu and OC'd back to 4.0 and seems stable, I'll run more tests tomorrow to confirm stability. Very strange though.