Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > CPU's and Motherboards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 3, 2009, 04:46 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Default Attention ASUS M3A79-T Users!!!!!

I'm just looking for some opinions and comments about the M3A79-T.
My Gigabyte GA-MA790X-DS4 finally died under the weight of my OC'd Phenom. A mosfet went on a permanent vacation. So I decided to upgrade and use this Gigabyte board with my old Athlon X2 5000+ BE in another system when it comes back from RMA.

I should have the M3A79-T in my hands by Wednesday at the latest. Did I make a good move or is this a problematic mobo?

Last edited by Killswitch; January 3, 2009 at 08:22 PM.
Old January 3, 2009, 06:48 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Judging from the many reviews I have read people seem to really like this board, if there are any issues with it you'll find them at the Asus forums.

ASUSTeK Computer Inc.-Forum-
Old January 6, 2009, 08:29 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Thanks EE. I don't know why I never thought to check there.

It looks to me like the M3A79-T will be a good board overall seeing that most of the problems that some people are having with it are basically what you could see with any mobo...... hardware compatibility issues.

After I bought my Phenom I tried googling for some average overclocking results with my Gigabyte board. That was when I found out that it's VERY common for the mosfets to cook because of the added power requirements. I slapped on some ramsinks to help keep the mosfets somewhat cool and try to prevent this common failure from taking place. Well, it lasted for a little while anyway. A lot longer then I had expected. At least it didn't go up in flames and take something else out with it like what happened with others. It might have lasted longer though if I wouldn't of OC'd my Phenom, but I just can't live a normal and happy life with my components running at stock speeds. That's just dang ol' crazy man! (in a Boomhower voice)

However, my point is that I haven't read about anything ridiculous like that happening with this ASUS board......... yet! (knocks on wood)

Oh, and it looks like I'll be waiting a bit for this thing to arrive. NCIX customer care sent me a message stating that they're backlogged and my order should be shipped in the next few days. I hope I have it by Friday! Far Cry 2 is calling for me! lol