Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > CPU's and Motherboards

    
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old December 17, 2008, 08:48 PM
Soultribunal's Avatar
Moderator
F@H
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Mississauga
Posts: 8,067

My System Specs

Default The final Decision on my New Board

NCIX.com - Buy ASUS P5Q3-DELUXE/WIFI-AP ATX LGA775 P45 DDR3 3PCI-E16 2PCI-E1 2PCI SATA WiFi eSATA 1394 Motherboard - P5Q3-DELUXE/WIFI-AP In Canada.

Yes , no Maybe?

I was told in a prior thread that if I had the money, well I decided that I should Invest in it. That and I'm selling my E8400 to a friend which will free up the finances.

So, good board?

ST
__________________




"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old December 17, 2008, 08:50 PM
enaberif's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Calgahree, AB
Posts: 10,658
Default

Are you bored tonite?

No this board isn't worth it as its a DDR3 board and DDR3 memory and C2D has been proven to show very little improvement.

Want DDR3 go i7 otherwise stick with the P5Q-Pro or something.
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old December 17, 2008, 08:56 PM
Soultribunal's Avatar
Moderator
F@H
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Mississauga
Posts: 8,067

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by enaberif View Post
Are you bored tonite?

No this board isn't worth it as its a DDR3 board and DDR3 memory and C2D has been proven to show very little improvement.

Want DDR3 go i7 otherwise stick with the P5Q-Pro or something.
Actually Itching to start ordering to be honest.
You have to understand, I come from a long line of Intel Boards, that were rock stable but nothing else.
I want to start getting into the tweaking and OC'ing and such. So, I've switched Manufactures, and design ideas. Hence , the constant barrage of questions. I like stability, you guys know better than me.
Perhaps I should stick with the P5Q Green Edition then?

ST
__________________




"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old December 17, 2008, 08:59 PM
enaberif's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Calgahree, AB
Posts: 10,658
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soultribunal View Post
Actually Itching to start ordering to be honest.
You have to understand, I come from a long line of Intel Boards, that were rock stable but nothing else.
I want to start getting into the tweaking and OC'ing and such. So, I've switched Manufactures, and design ideas. Hence , the constant barrage of questions. I like stability, you guys know better than me.
Perhaps I should stick with the P5Q Green Edition then?

ST
Any of the P45 boards by Gigabyte, Asus, Biostar or DFI overclock fine.
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old December 17, 2008, 09:21 PM
mailaw's Avatar
Top Prospect
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pickering, Ontario
Posts: 145
Default

Ya the P5Q-E is a really nice board or the P5Q Pro for price/performance the P5Q-E should be better for overclocking though.
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old December 17, 2008, 09:31 PM
Rookie
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 3
Default

Not in stock though, so you'll have to wait a bit. Got Patience?

Last edited by dakit76; December 17, 2008 at 09:50 PM. Reason: advice not wanted.
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old December 17, 2008, 09:33 PM
enaberif's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Calgahree, AB
Posts: 10,658
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakit76 View Post
I think it's a good investment. Not in stock though, so you'll have to wait a bit. Got Patience?
1 post and your going to say its a good investment? Care to backup that statement?
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old December 17, 2008, 09:34 PM
Soultribunal's Avatar
Moderator
F@H
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Mississauga
Posts: 8,067

My System Specs

Default

I think my heads going to explode

I have paitence. Always have.
I just get caught between two trains of thinking I suppose. Half said if I had the $$$ get the premium version of the P5Q board, other half said the Green was fine.
I think I'm just as confused as when I started this.

ST
__________________




"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old December 17, 2008, 09:36 PM
enaberif's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Calgahree, AB
Posts: 10,658
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soultribunal View Post
I think my heads going to explode

I have paitence. Always have.
I just get caught between two trains of thinking I suppose. Half said if I had the $$$ get the premium version of the P5Q board, other half said the Green was fine.
I think I'm just as confused as when I started this.

ST
Any of the P5Q boards will overclock the same. Your not asking to get every last inch of mhz out of the CPU so it doesn't matter.
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old December 17, 2008, 09:43 PM
mailaw's Avatar
Top Prospect
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pickering, Ontario
Posts: 145
Default

Ya the P5Q-E is a really nice board or the P5Q Pro for price/performance the P5Q-E should be better for overclocking though.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Final Build, With Some Changes.... mlauzon New Builds 23 December 10, 2008 01:04 PM
My Final Rig? comments needed! CactusJoe New Builds 12 November 14, 2008 02:16 PM
final build xghostz New Builds 8 October 19, 2008 06:41 AM
Monsters Final Phase DK2 New Builds 6 August 14, 2008 04:26 PM
The Final Specs. SuperFriedFish New Builds 20 July 5, 2008 10:02 AM