Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   CPU's and Motherboards (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/cpus-motherboards/)
-   -   The final Decision on my New Board (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/cpus-motherboards/13007-final-decision-my-new-board.html)

Soultribunal December 17, 2008 07:48 PM

The final Decision on my New Board
 
NCIX.com - Buy ASUS P5Q3-DELUXE/WIFI-AP ATX LGA775 P45 DDR3 3PCI-E16 2PCI-E1 2PCI SATA WiFi eSATA 1394 Motherboard - P5Q3-DELUXE/WIFI-AP In Canada.

Yes , no Maybe?

I was told in a prior thread that if I had the money, well I decided that I should Invest in it. That and I'm selling my E8400 to a friend which will free up the finances.

So, good board?

ST

enaberif December 17, 2008 07:50 PM

Are you bored tonite?

No this board isn't worth it as its a DDR3 board and DDR3 memory and C2D has been proven to show very little improvement.

Want DDR3 go i7 otherwise stick with the P5Q-Pro or something.

Soultribunal December 17, 2008 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enaberif (Post 128281)
Are you bored tonite?

No this board isn't worth it as its a DDR3 board and DDR3 memory and C2D has been proven to show very little improvement.

Want DDR3 go i7 otherwise stick with the P5Q-Pro or something.

Actually Itching to start ordering to be honest.
You have to understand, I come from a long line of Intel Boards, that were rock stable but nothing else.
I want to start getting into the tweaking and OC'ing and such. So, I've switched Manufactures, and design ideas. Hence , the constant barrage of questions. I like stability, you guys know better than me.
Perhaps I should stick with the P5Q Green Edition then?

ST

enaberif December 17, 2008 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soultribunal (Post 128285)
Actually Itching to start ordering to be honest.
You have to understand, I come from a long line of Intel Boards, that were rock stable but nothing else.
I want to start getting into the tweaking and OC'ing and such. So, I've switched Manufactures, and design ideas. Hence , the constant barrage of questions. I like stability, you guys know better than me.
Perhaps I should stick with the P5Q Green Edition then?

ST

Any of the P45 boards by Gigabyte, Asus, Biostar or DFI overclock fine.

mailaw December 17, 2008 08:21 PM

Ya the P5Q-E is a really nice board or the P5Q Pro for price/performance the P5Q-E should be better for overclocking though.

dakit76 December 17, 2008 08:31 PM

Not in stock though, so you'll have to wait a bit. Got Patience? http://www.thebudgethost.com/images/...9f6031b233.jpg

enaberif December 17, 2008 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dakit76 (Post 128315)
I think it's a good investment. Not in stock though, so you'll have to wait a bit. Got Patience?

1 post and your going to say its a good investment? Care to backup that statement?

Soultribunal December 17, 2008 08:34 PM

I think my heads going to explode :rofl::rofl:

I have paitence. Always have.
I just get caught between two trains of thinking I suppose. Half said if I had the $$$ get the premium version of the P5Q board, other half said the Green was fine.
I think I'm just as confused as when I started this.

ST

enaberif December 17, 2008 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soultribunal (Post 128320)
I think my heads going to explode :rofl::rofl:

I have paitence. Always have.
I just get caught between two trains of thinking I suppose. Half said if I had the $$$ get the premium version of the P5Q board, other half said the Green was fine.
I think I'm just as confused as when I started this.

ST

Any of the P5Q boards will overclock the same. Your not asking to get every last inch of mhz out of the CPU so it doesn't matter.

mailaw December 17, 2008 08:43 PM

Ya the P5Q-E is a really nice board or the P5Q Pro for price/performance the P5Q-E should be better for overclocking though.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:35 PM.