Dunno what to do...
well, EVGA has again proven themslves to be the best warranty provider in the business. I didn't just receive the bare MB back that I had rma'd...I received a brand new packaged 680i :shok:
so...wtf do i do now? I have a CoolerMaster Cavalier running an A8N with an AMD 2x64 3800+ and my P5W DH with my E6400
Do I sell the EVGA 680i and maaayyybe recoup 1/2 my losses? Or do I wait and buy another E6400 2gb memory and 8800GTS when the prices reduce a bit more and pray that this board isn't screwed up for the 6th time?
Well- if you're stuck with 3.2 on the asus, I'd move to the 680i- surely your luck can't be THAT bad.
I know of a few people having major issues with 680i boards, killing ram and other parts and then committing suicide. Sell the 680i board while you can. Not worth the grief and effort. They work well when they work, but when they quit they tend to take other parts with them down. No way would I recommend running the 680i. Sell it and the 6400 and buy a 6600 and your life will be ALOT easier with that extra multi allowing you a higher OC.
I think the vast majority of people killing ram do so because they overvolt it. It might not be ideal, but the highest you should go with the 680i is 2.3
thnx for the input
I'm gonna keep the board (lifetime warranty) and wait for the E6600 to reduce a bit, DDR2 is coming down and the 8800GTS is also coming down, so future build coming up as soon as my visa also comes down :haha:
I was also thinking..if this board craps out again, I'll ask for an upgrade to their next product :thumb:
|All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:51 PM.|