Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > CPU's and Motherboards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 17, 2007, 07:21 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default What to do with a SYE-5700?

As you might have guessed by the title I have an old SYE-5700 that I pulled from a Comtex box to make room for a Rev 2 400Mhz B&W G3 but I don't know what to do with this PC board. I have been thinking of de-soldering the ATX connector (leaving the AT) and attaching it to the Powerfilter Board of some 333Mhz Rev D iMac guts then mounting that in the case of an old VCR and ocing it or something. That can wait though. ;)

I have two socket 7 CPUs that I could use for this board, one is a 200Mhz PI MMX and the other is a 120Mhz PI but I don't know if it is MMX or not and it has been a long time since I last used it.
I also have a few matched pairs of 72 pin DIMMs and a 32MB 168pin SDRAM stick I could pull from my PII as well as it's 8MB Matrox MGA Mystique with DVD decoder.

If you are wondering why I mention pulling parts from my PII it is because it really is not much use and if I am to re-case that iMac I am going to need the PII's PSU anyway as I am short on ATX PSUs.

So, what should I do with this mobo? What should I run on it? Should I overclock/volt the snot out of it?

I would post a link to the manual of this board but I am not yet allowed to with my current number of posts.

*Edit
Now that I can post links here is a page with a link to the manual:
http://www.elhvb.com/mboards/luckytech/Index.html
Old May 17, 2007, 12:03 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Hi McJunky- I'm sorry that I can't be any help to you on this, but I wanted to welcome you to the forum anyway (and bump this up the list in case someone around here can help).