Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > CPU's and Motherboards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 17, 2008, 05:03 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default EVGA X58

Well, I have no intention of getting one but I found this rather interesting, TigerDirect has them in stock but what really surprises me is the Canadian vs US prices...have a look at the i7 965 prices on the right hand side too.

EVGA X58 SLI Motherboard - LGA 1366, Intel X58, SATA, SLI Ready, CrossFireX Ready, Triple Channel DDR3 support, RAID, Hyperthreading support 132-BL-E758-A1 in Canada at TigerDirect.ca

EVGA X58 SLI Motherboard - LGA 1366, Intel X58, SATA, SLI Ready, CrossFireX Ready, Triple Channel DDR3 support, RAID, Hyperthreading support 132-BL-E758-A1 at TigerDirect.com

Old November 17, 2008, 05:29 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Unreal. Even with the fluctuations in the Canadian dollar, those prices are way out to lunch.
Old November 17, 2008, 05:34 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

TigerDirect is brutal on components.

Every once in a while they have a good price, but generally brutal.
Old November 17, 2008, 06:00 AM
MVP

TD is crap when it come to pricing.

Proud to be [H]ard !
Old November 17, 2008, 06:42 AM
Allstar
F@H

Maybe if the exchange rate was 66$ that would be acceptable but its not. Im personally waiting for newegg.ca to stock them, they actually use the REAL exchange rate instead of jacking the prices up like crazy.
Mobo: ASUS M3A79-T Deluxe
Memory: 4gb OCZ Platinum 1000mhz ddr2
Graphics: 2x Sapphire 4830s in Crossfire
Keyboard: Logitech G11
Mouse: Logitech G9
HD:WD 640gb Caviar Black + 750gb Seagate
#hardwarecanucks on irc.enterthegame.com
Old November 17, 2008, 06:50 AM
Allstar

TD is BS. NCIX has it for $400: NCIX.com - Buy EVGA X58 ATX LGA1366 DDR3 3PCIE-16 PCI-E1 2PCI SLI SATA2 eSATA Dual GBLAN Motherboard - 132-BL-E758-A1 In Canada.
1x 8800 Ultra --> Sony GDM-FW900 + LVM-37w3se // HT Omega Striker ~ (optical) Pioneer SE-DIR800C ~+ SE-DHP800 / HD 280 Pro
Old November 17, 2008, 07:33 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Nice to see that board around now, I've been waiting for it. As much as having this chip sitting in my room makes me want to build this system, I think I am still going to wait a couple more weeks or a month; I really think once everyone releases their boards there will be some price wars and balancing going on. People are just throwing them out there at huge prices because not every retailer has them up yet.
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in the immediately preceding post are those of encorp and do not reflect the views and/or opinions of family, friends, or anyone remotely associated with encorp unless explicitly stated. encorp does not make any warranty, express or implied, or assumes any liability or responsibility for the quality, factuality or use of information in the immediately preceding post.
Old November 17, 2008, 07:38 AM
Allstar

Well at least you have your damn chip! lol I still have to wait for mine to come but also waiting on ram so I guess it's no biggy. It'll get here eventually.
Old November 17, 2008, 08:17 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
Well at least you have your damn chip! lol I still have to wait for mine to come but also waiting on ram so I guess it's no biggy. It'll get here eventually.
Mine came in Friday but I didn't pick it up until yesterday, mine didn't come from a retailer though so that's the only reason it even showed up before today.

Although if you ordered retail, prepare to want to molest the box when it shows up haha.
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in the immediately preceding post are those of encorp and do not reflect the views and/or opinions of family, friends, or anyone remotely associated with encorp unless explicitly stated. encorp does not make any warranty, express or implied, or assumes any liability or responsibility for the quality, factuality or use of information in the immediately preceding post.
Old November 17, 2008, 08:51 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Ugh- I thought 299 USD was the advertised MSRP- at the current exchange, that only $365- I suppose Canadian retailers are buffering themselves against potential further drops in the dollar so I suppose that 399 at NCIX is actually fair in that context.

(on a side note- I wasn't excited about the cooling on this board initially, but I do like that the mosfet cooler and the NB aren't attached by a heatsink- easier for WC)

Last edited by Babrbarossa; November 17, 2008 at 08:59 AM.