Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   CPU's and Motherboards (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/cpus-motherboards/)
-   -   EVGA X58 (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/cpus-motherboards/11881-evga-x58.html)

kruzn4evr November 17, 2008 05:03 AM

EVGA X58

Well, I have no intention of getting one but I found this rather interesting, TigerDirect has them in stock but what really surprises me is the Canadian vs US prices...have a look at the i7 965 prices on the right hand side too.

EVGA X58 SLI Motherboard - LGA 1366, Intel X58, SATA, SLI Ready, CrossFireX Ready, Triple Channel DDR3 support, RAID, Hyperthreading support 132-BL-E758-A1 in Canada at TigerDirect.ca

EVGA X58 SLI Motherboard - LGA 1366, Intel X58, SATA, SLI Ready, CrossFireX Ready, Triple Channel DDR3 support, RAID, Hyperthreading support 132-BL-E758-A1 at TigerDirect.com

SKYMTL November 17, 2008 05:29 AM

Unreal. Even with the fluctuations in the Canadian dollar, those prices are way out to lunch.

zlojack November 17, 2008 05:34 AM

TigerDirect is brutal on components.

Every once in a while they have a good price, but generally brutal.

Xilikon November 17, 2008 06:00 AM

TD is crap when it come to pricing.

Jonwall November 17, 2008 06:42 AM

Maybe if the exchange rate was 66$ that would be acceptable but its not. Im personally waiting for newegg.ca to stock them, they actually use the REAL exchange rate instead of jacking the prices up like crazy.

S_G November 17, 2008 06:50 AM

TD is BS. NCIX has it for $400: NCIX.com - Buy EVGA X58 ATX LGA1366 DDR3 3PCIE-16 PCI-E1 2PCI SLI SATA2 eSATA Dual GBLAN Motherboard - 132-BL-E758-A1 In Canada.

encorp November 17, 2008 07:33 AM

Nice to see that board around now, I've been waiting for it. As much as having this chip sitting in my room makes me want to build this system, I think I am still going to wait a couple more weeks or a month; I really think once everyone releases their boards there will be some price wars and balancing going on. People are just throwing them out there at huge prices because not every retailer has them up yet.

Sniper November 17, 2008 07:38 AM

Well at least you have your damn chip! lol I still have to wait for mine to come but also waiting on ram so I guess it's no biggy. It'll get here eventually.

encorp November 17, 2008 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sniper (Post 113482)
Well at least you have your damn chip! lol I still have to wait for mine to come but also waiting on ram so I guess it's no biggy. It'll get here eventually.

Mine came in Friday but I didn't pick it up until yesterday, mine didn't come from a retailer though so that's the only reason it even showed up before today.

Although if you ordered retail, prepare to want to molest the box when it shows up haha.

Babrbarossa November 17, 2008 08:51 AM

Ugh- I thought 299 USD was the advertised MSRP- at the current exchange, that only $365- I suppose Canadian retailers are buffering themselves against potential further drops in the dollar so I suppose that 399 at NCIX is actually fair in that context.

(on a side note- I wasn't excited about the cooling on this board initially, but I do like that the mosfet cooler and the NB aren't attached by a heatsink- easier for WC)