Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > CPU's and Motherboards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 14, 2008, 05:59 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Default 939 cpu-790fx board?

Was wondering if an older 939 3800+ athlon64 will work in a asus m3a32-mvp deluxe board 790fx based board?

Got myself in a predicament where I need to reenable my old board's raid and copy files over so as not to loss everything becasue the new asus m3a79-t I bought today has a different raid controller than I figured, the marvell just controlls 1 external e-sata when I was thinking it was a marvell raid controller like on the pervious board I had in...

Have mem, case, sink and vid to get the other one going, just not sure if the cpu will work or not...

Thx in advance..
Old October 14, 2008, 06:03 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

No. S939 and AM2 are not compatible sockets and S939 is DDR only as well.
Old October 14, 2008, 06:57 PM
MVP

My System Specs

ya kinda figured was hoping it would work still though, guess I gotta decide how bad I want the movies on there ;(
Old October 14, 2008, 07:37 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Could use a program like RAID Reconstructor to get your data back. But you'd also have to buy GetDataBack NTFS as well so it can be costly...

Worked perfectly for me when my Intel RAID decided to randomly fail. Drives and data were all there though.
Old October 14, 2008, 07:49 PM
Quadfather

My System Specs

You might want to try and find a A8R32-MVP Deluxe 939 board like I did (ebay). Still a very nicely featured board and supports CrossfireX all the way up to the 4800-series
Old October 15, 2008, 02:31 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdrom17 View Post
Could use a program like RAID Reconstructor to get your data back. But you'd also have to buy GetDataBack NTFS as well so it can be costly...

Worked perfectly for me when my Intel RAID decided to randomly fail. Drives and data were all there though.

The trouble is that the raid 0 in question is 1.2 TB's and basically have a 300 gig drive that I could use to rip some files onto it from the reworking raid 0. This raid reconstructor recreates a virtual raid strip for strip from mine now so would assume I would need a similar size drive to do this in no?
Old October 15, 2008, 02:38 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMetaphor View Post
You might want to try and find a A8R32-MVP Deluxe 939 board like I did (ebay). Still a very nicely featured board and supports CrossfireX all the way up to the 4800-series
The other board works fine, the M3A32-MVP-deluxe, was just hoping to get a decent overclock out of this newer sb750 chipset on this new board, of which am not having much luck on that so far either...
Old October 15, 2008, 06:57 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasrott View Post
The trouble is that the raid 0 in question is 1.2 TB's and basically have a 300 gig drive that I could use to rip some files onto it from the reworking raid 0. This raid reconstructor recreates a virtual raid strip for strip from mine now so would assume I would need a similar size drive to do this in no?
No you wouldn't, using GetDataBack you select which files you want. My RAID0 is 500GB and I dumped the files I needed onto a 80GB drive.
Old October 15, 2008, 05:01 PM
MVP

My System Specs

nice, sounds like that is the way to go then, thx jdrom17
Old October 16, 2008, 06:05 AM
MVP

My System Specs

quick ? jdrom17, when using the two programs I made a VIM file (just a small file saved in my documents) with recontruct then pointed getdataback at that file and am now letting it do its thing.. Hope this is the right way to do it, last night did it like below and not much worked...

First attempt I was using getdataback on its own it seems and it seen 2 drives but was just reading from the first one the results were not good and the files recovered ie: movies would not play at all. Music worked from my tunes folder but not my movies...

Sorry for breaking your balls on these programs but have never used this stuff before, usually my patience takes over and I format to solve these problems, this time however would like to recover at least my movies that have been collecting for a few years..