What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Watercooling GPU's/CPU/kit

frosty

Hay guys.... Happy Thanksgiving....

I have a question about watercooling. I am considering water cooling my Gpu's (SLI'd) and also my CPU. I have no room for pumps and resivoirs inside the case. I am kinda a neat freak dso I am looking for something reasonable to get this to work. I came across this little unit and I really like the looks of it. But to chill 2 gpu's and a cpu with a mild overclock, im just not sure if it would do the job... 2 Stealth Water blocks and a 120 compact kit...

heres the item, and heres a photo of what it may look like... Can I hit you guys up for some critical comments on the subject.... thanks....

Attachments

• H20-120-COMPACT.bmp
    110.8 KB · Views: 7,694
  • Stealth-sli-parallel.jpg
    Stealth-sli-parallel.jpg
    250.9 KB · Views: 16,859

Babrbarossa

I would say it would be fine for the CPU, but are you planning on cooling the GPU with that li'l rad? me thinks you need more

edit- sorry- too slow on the draw with my reply- what they said

Last edited:

Patriote

I would say it would be fine for the CPU, but are you planning on cooling the GPU with that li'l rad? me thinks you need more

edit- sorry- too slow on the draw with my reply- what they said

WOW! Babrbarossa, man, hows it going! Been a while!

Anyway, to get back on topic, no, it won't be enough. Not at all i'd say. As Charlie said, you need at least a Dual 120mm rad. And thats the very minimum... I wouldn't even hook 2 overclocked 8800GTXs on an MCR-220...

Unless you have enough money for whats good in watercooling, i'd recommend you to forget watercooling the GPUs and start with the CPU and maybe NB for now.

frosty

Not enough. You need at least a dual rad. The Swiftech Ultra kit would do the trick.

http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=20942&vpn=H20-220-APEX-Ultra&manufacture=Swiftech

Just add the 2 VC blocks in the loop. But then you need to fit that dual rad inside your case. Which one is it?

John

Antec 900, no room for anything unless I can mount everything outside
. Maybe I should just try the CPU for now and see what happens. Would love to do all, would love to install the Stealths on the GPU's.......guess I should have thought of this beore buying a case that not watercooled ready... or atleast thought of the chance of watercooling way back when.....

EDIT.......

actually you know what..... since I would be doing ther GPU's aswel with this kit..... I could move my harddrive in the lower bay, up to the middle bay leaving room on the bottom for the pump aand resivoir....... it might work..... I didnt think of this before becasue I had tried to keep the middle bay open for the air flow... but it wouldn't be needed anymore since I am cooling the cards via water.... WOOT WOOT!!!.

edit.....

How can i fit this rad on teh back of the case and still plug in the VGA cables into the vid cards??? I roughly measured and can't see how it fits casue the rad would get into the way... would it fit..?

Last edited:

Babrbarossa

I think you could fit the pump and res in the empty drive bay fairly easily. Have you considered the top of the case for rad mount- some people do rear mounts by letting the top of the rad extend above the top of the case a little so that it doesn't block essentials (cdnmadrach)

frosty

I think you could fit the pump and res in the empty drive bay fairly easily. Have you considered the top of the case for rad mount- some people do rear mounts by letting the top of the rad extend above the top of the case a little so that it doesn't block essentials (cdnmadrach)

Kinda like a chair with the top of my case being the part u sit your butt on and the Rad sticking up being the back of the chair?? Sorry for the description. Also... Can the rad be mounted that way without modifying, are there 8 sets of screw holes in the rad to allow a user to accomplish this? Also, the pump at the bottom... still okay?

Babrbarossa

Yeah- I'm not sure what the back of the case looks like but you might be able to rear mount it without it sticking up very far- rads have four screw holes on both side for every 120mm length- so a 240mm rad would have eight per side. Truthfully though, you got quite collection of amazing components so would you consider doing it right and selling your 900 and getting this: http://www.ncix.com/products/index....30-SSN2&manufacture=COOLERMASTER&promoid=1019

tons of room and a great price now- this way you could work toward a dual loop system which is much more ideal for watercooling a couple of GTXs- they produce a shitload of heat that you probably don't want running throgh your cpu block. maybe you could start with a single loop and just the CPU (and maybe NB) and save up for the second loop for the GPUs. I know, I know, it never ends.......

The good thing about custom H2O setups as they don't get obsolete as quickly as the rest of your components.

3.0charlie

3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
There are always solutions when water-cooling. Changing the case is one. If you wish to keep your 900, then you could mount the rad backside, just like I did for a customer on his P180.

70346644d82aadc0.jpg

Plenty of space for the cables, since Swiftech provides a radbox between the case and the fan. Also to answer your question, the pump MUST be lower than the reservoir.

John

Latest posts