What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

BFG 8800GT OC for $99.99....

rob123

this is at the aforementioned futureshop sale. i wanted to ask here if that was a good deal. i know there are better cards for just a little more but for the $100 range how good are these?

thx for your time

rob123

sswilson

Staff member
For the amount of gaming you do rob, this would be perfect!!! (It'd also let you get in on the folding for team 54196..... :) ).

rob123

actually i was just trying to fins a couple of decent vid cards so i could put 2 systems together for the kids later on.

son is posted to my current and your former squadron and he is on the "other" crew. he is known as junior

cheers

rob123

Dashock

Rob the 8800GT is a killer videocard im not a hardcore gamer but once in awhile i do play the catchy game waiting for RED ALERT 3 oooo yeaa anyways havent had a problem with this card played games from crysis to supreme commander and on it does verry well.

slntdth93

lol i grabbed one of em for my friends at the markham futureshop and to my amazement, all of em had a dented box in someway
Revision 2 cooling and shockingly, only 3 instock LOL

1Tanker

For the amount of gaming you do rob, this would be perfect!!! (It'd also let you get in on the folding for team 54196..... :) ).
That's a great deal... and yes... a Folder's dream bang/buck card. :thumb:

DarKStar

and another positive review from a user of the BFG 8800GT OC 512MB - I've purchased mine from DC @ $139 (including the $40 mail-in rebate) - That is a steal ! Great deal considering I paid $580 for my 7800GS OC at FS :D

$99 ??? You sure it's the right part number? Must be a mistake - that is definately a damn good deal ! Don't be fooled by the 9800GT or 9 series - if you are not sure check specs first - those 9 series equivalent of the 8800GT uses the same chipset and same speeds, but offers hybrid power and 3way SLI - so yeah for the price it's a good deal. Despite some many negative reviews I've read about the poor cooling and small noisy fans on the reference 8800GT, I personally haven't experienced ANY of this - the card runs cool, has gone through torture and has yet to exceed 80C under 100% capacity. Runs everything I throw at it and you can further OC this card - I currently OC mine at 720 / 1000 (I'm not condoning or suggesting it - this is from MY personal experience!)
This is NOT the best gaming card, and is not considered high-end hardcore gaming, BUT it does a more than decent job for most people and for the price, I wouldn't miss out on it.
Good luck finding stock at FS. (the 8800GT is on its way to being phased out anyways and replaced)

rob123

i am just back from futureshop and.........

the product is as follows:

BFG Tech Nvidia GeForce 8800 GT OC 512MB GDDR3 bfg part number BFGR88512GTOCEC
price $99.99

we found 2 on the shelf. then looking down at the space for the 256 meg version found 3 more. it seems that the 256 meg version is something past $200. the salesman said there was no space in the proper place.

no more conspiracy stories.

i bought 2 and my son bought 1. he is looking to replace an asus eax 1950 pro.

we relocated the rest of the cards to the proper spot. there were 5 more and they were gone before we got 10 feet away. futureshop has been doing things like this lately. seems like 1 half decent video card has gone on sale for a good price each
week.

they also said they got more in on the truck. i dont believe they will last at that price. good enough card for me. now to get rid of the old 9800 pro and the x800xl. (probably give them away at work)

cheers to all and good luck with futureshop

i forgot to mention that i got one of those 8gb kingston data travellers too. $19.99, nice price