Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > Computer & Electronics Hot Deals

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 30, 2008, 09:00 PM
Allstar

Looks like they added some more stuff. Colored sleeving and a second, cheaper sleeving package. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't it used to say m instead of ft? Some of those lengths are really short in feet. For example, 0.8 feet for the ATX cables on the shorter package is probably not long enough. Heck, my PSU's ATX wires are 2.2 feet long. 0.8 meters on the other hand, would be 2.6 feet.

Edit: And my SATA cables are 3 feet, the package offers 2 feet (or 1.6ft for the cheaper one).
1x 8800 Ultra --> Sony GDM-FW900 + LVM-37w3se // HT Omega Striker ~ (optical) Pioneer SE-DIR800C ~+ SE-DHP800 / HD 280 Pro
Old October 30, 2008, 09:55 PM
Hall Of Fame

Just to clear.. the smaller kit:

Quote:
What you can sleeve with this pack:
  • 24 wires x 0.8ft of ATX cable = 19.2ft
  • 6 wires x 1ft of 6-pin PCI-E cables (x2) = 12ft
  • 8 wires x 1ft of 8-pin PCI-E cables = 8ft
  • 5 fans x 1ft wire length = 5ft
  • Pump cable and flow-meter cable x 2ft = 4ft
  • 4 SATA cables x 1.6ft = 6.4ft
  • Portion of your ATX main cables
  • Portion of your PCI-E main cables
  • Lighting, sensor wires etc.
And the bigger kit:

Quote:
What you can sleeve with this pack:
  • 24 wires x 1.6ft of ATX cable = 36ft
  • 6 wires x 1ft of 6-pin PCI-E cables (x2) = 12ft
  • 8 wires x 1ft of 8-pin PCI-E cables (x2) = 16ft
  • 10 fans x 1ft wire length = 10ft
  • Power, Reset, Power LED and HDD-LED wires x 2ft = 8ft
  • 2 front header USB cables and one Firewire cable x 2ft = 6ft
  • Pump cable and flow-meter cable x 2ft = 4ft
  • 6 SATA cables x 2ft = 12ft
  • Portion of your ATX main cables
  • Portion of your PCI-E main cables
  • Lighting, sensor wires etc.
  • murderMod is not responsible for what you do with the Psychopack
Samsung 931BW 19" LCD, Logitech MX Revolution
Old October 31, 2008, 07:49 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Hey guys
Socio Packs are up and more stuff to be added in mere minutes.... or at least updated prices....

Generic stuff rumored?

My Rig: Motivation 2.0
----------------
Build log - Motivation: Sponsored by Galaxy and Corsair
---------------
Check out the HardwareCanucks Youtube Channel for News/Reviews and more!
Instagram Twitter
Old October 31, 2008, 09:18 PM
Hall Of Fame

You are right, prices have been dropped. Wow Charles is doing a lot for us.

Matt I was going to tell you *look at the watch you're late*, but I'll hold off on that comment.. thanks for the info :P
Old October 31, 2008, 11:30 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Well I even though I have a crap load of sleeving I will be either picking a kit up myself or adding it to my stocking stuffer list come x-mass.

Very nice looking sleeving, anyone know if the colored sleeving is UV reactive?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
My knuckles are bleeding from fishing through walls a new CAT6 network cable... I found fresh, untapped electrical outlets...
"It's all in the Reflexes"-Jack Burton
Old November 2, 2008, 02:16 PM
Rookie

Hey Guys! :)

As noted, we've added 2 sleeving kits. We're still dialing in the contents of the kits so we really appreciate the feedback. The kits were originally tuned for the European market where they like to sleeve everything. There's even a rumor floating around that someone's sleeved a Bratwurst - heat shrinked ends and all! I will keep my eyes peeled and post it here if I come across it.

You'll also notice we switched the pricing to US dollars. The reason being that ALL the orders to the Canadian shop have so far come from the US. Some of our Customers have been fuzzy as to the exchange and I thought it would be easier to simply list the prices in USD. The prices are still based in CAD and then converted dynamically - this explains the funny numbers... ie: $57.51 and such.

We're planning to have new items available within the next two weeks. I won't say what just what yet because I've learned my lesson about doing so and well, Murphy's Law and I are very close acquaintances.

Back to the sleeving; this stuff is selling like Polish Sausage in Europe! The reason being that it's the best quality product and actually cheaper than the competition. My partner Nils has been offering it on his MDPC-X website and can't keep up with orders. It really is amazing stuff - perfect diameter and really nice tight weave. If you're a freak about sleeving your cables and wires, this stuff can't be beat. We decided to offer an accent color option which for now is the Techflex PET, but will change to the MDPC-X product once production is underway. The first non-black color offered will be white. I've seen a sample of the stuff and it's gorgeous! There've been a few really nice all white builds recently and I have to say they look really slick.

Anyway, I really want to thank you guys for all your encouragement and support. I'm still out of my mind busy and will be till we get the shop filled out. Then hopefully I can take a breath and work on things like Matt's FT-01 faceplate design! If you have any comments or questions please feel free to contact me. I'm in this for the love of it and will always be a fellow enthusiast at heart.

Cheers. :)
Old November 2, 2008, 02:40 PM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by charles_h View Post

As noted, we've added 2 sleeving kits. We're still dialing in the contents of the kits so we really appreciate the feedback. The kits were originally tuned for the European market where they like to sleeve everything. There's even a rumor floating around that someone's sleeved a Bratwurst - heat shrinked ends and all! I will keep my eyes peeled and post it here if I come across it.

You'll also notice we switched the pricing to US dollars. The reason being that ALL the orders to the Canadian shop have so far come from the US. Some of our Customers have been fuzzy as to the exchange and I thought it would be easier to simply list the prices in USD. The prices are still based in CAD and then converted dynamically - this explains the funny numbers... ie: $57.51 and such.

We're planning to have new items available within the next two weeks. I won't say what just what yet because I've learned my lesson about doing so and well, Murphy's Law and I are very close acquaintances.

Back to the sleeving; this stuff is selling like Polish Sausage in Europe! The reason being that it's the best quality product and actually cheaper than the competition. My partner Nils has been offering it on his MDPC-X website and can't keep up with orders. It really is amazing stuff - perfect diameter and really nice tight weave. If you're a freak about sleeving your cables and wires, this stuff can't be beat. We decided to offer an accent color option which for now is the Techflex PET, but will change to the MDPC-X product once production is underway. The first non-black color offered will be white. I've seen a sample of the stuff and it's gorgeous! There've been a few really nice all white builds recently and I have to say they look really slick.

Anyway, I really want to thank you guys for all your encouragement and support. I'm still out of my mind busy and will be till we get the shop filled out. Then hopefully I can take a breath and work on things like Matt's FT-01 faceplate design! If you have any comments or questions please feel free to contact me. I'm in this for the love of it and will always be a fellow enthusiast at heart.

kits look awesome but my opinion:
maybe have link to a guide (just incase some poeple are just starting)
allow custom orders (such as having lengths of 1ft increments and you select the quantity)
BFG Geforce 8800GT OC SLI (folding issues...)
WD 500GB
NZXT Apollo
OCZ Vendetta 2 w/ Bolt-thru kit +Scythe S-Flex F
Syncmaster T220, Razer Deathadder, Lycosa Mirror Edition, X-240 speakers
Old November 2, 2008, 03:20 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by charles_h View Post

Yea I noticed the other day, and started to wonder really. As for the USD, are you trying to keep it so that when converted to Canadian dollar it is actually cheaper than having it in CAD dollar in the first place. If that is so, you rock m8.. If no. I am coming to kill you :P.. j/k :D

Anyways I am loving the kits you have, I almost bought one the other day, quick question on the shipping part though (if you happen to see this).. since you mentioned it comes from the US, are you shipping stuff from Canada, reason I ask is the shipping costs, I did a quick check and a nice $10 shipping sounded cool, just wasn't sure if it was that USPS stuff or Canada Post ground shipping.

Thanks
Old November 21, 2008, 05:05 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Hey everyone
just letting you all know that the Murdermod Faceplates are in.... and are effing glorious

My Rig: Motivation 2.0
----------------
Build log - Motivation: Sponsored by Galaxy and Corsair
---------------
Check out the HardwareCanucks Youtube Channel for News/Reviews and more!
Instagram Twitter
Old November 22, 2008, 03:58 AM
Allstar

Under $100, nice. If you skip the back, which you won't be looking at much anyways, you can build yourself a "bare-minimum" MurderBox for $174 plus the cost of a TJ07. Pretty damn good.

I'm tempted right now... Gotta hold off on these impulse buys for now though. Maybe after the holidays.
1x 8800 Ultra --> Sony GDM-FW900 + LVM-37w3se // HT Omega Striker ~ (optical) Pioneer SE-DIR800C ~+ SE-DHP800 / HD 280 Pro