What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Not so hot deal on Exxx's

Mr. Cipher

Noticed that the prices have actually gone up on these processors.

Did not know where else to post - so does anyone know why after the intel price drop that these are now more expensive?

icodeit

When I bought my chip the vendor I used told me to reserve one from his next shipment (this was a few weeks back) as when he got the new shipment the price was going to go up.

I pretty sure its a supply & demand situation.

BALISTX

I noticed the prices went up on the E8400 at DC by $13-$15. I knew I should of got the processor a few weeks ago.

SKYMTL

HardwareCanuck Review Editor
Staff member
Yup. Supply / demand. Intel's inability to produce these processors in sufficient quantities is pushing the price up.

tom.mullie

not so bad

It has happened because phenom is piss-weak. And anyways, a 3.0GHz dual core processor for $250 (seems like the going rate) is still a good deal. Prices will probably come back down when the quads launch.

lcdguy

Folding Team
It has happened because phenom is piss-weak. And anyways, a 3.0GHz dual core processor for $250 (seems like the going rate) is still a good deal. Prices will probably come back down when the quads launch.

just get a x2 5000+ BE and oc it :) only $105 this week at ncix.

3oh6

Yup. Supply / demand. Intel's inability to produce these processors in sufficient quantities is pushing the price up.
its not an Intel issue. the channel is backed up with E6XXX processors and with the prices of E8XXX being less in most cases with better performance, distributors are holding the 45nm chips back in hopes of clearing out the retail channels a little bit. it technically is a supply and demand issue but the supply could be there...if the market wasn't already flooded with the older chips.

SKYMTL

HardwareCanuck Review Editor
Staff member
its not an Intel issue. the channel is backed up with E6XXX processors and with the prices of E8XXX being less in most cases with better performance, distributors are holding the 45nm chips back in hopes of clearing out the retail channels a little bit. it technically is a supply and demand issue but the supply could be there...if the market wasn't already flooded with the older chips.

Actually, this info comes from someone who buys the chips direct. And it is an Intel issue and not being able to supply enough for demand... :sad:

3oh6

Actually, this info comes from someone who buys the chips direct. And it is an Intel issue and not being able to supply enough for demand... :sad:
haha, that is what i was told from my disty...hmmm, all kinds of stories going around.

Latest posts