Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > Computer & Electronics Hot Deals

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 19, 2011, 06:34 PM
Allstar

Why can't they just admit the price was an error instead of lying to customers with some BS story like that. Sounds like the crap Buy.com Canada used to pull.
OCZ SOLID 3 SSD|Seagate 1.0TB
2 X EVGA GTX 460 in SLI
Old April 19, 2011, 08:21 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Luckily this was just for personal use. I've ordered from both Anitec and Grey multiple times in the past. But this was my first order from DirectDial. Thought I'd give them a try over Anitec just because they're in Ontario. Not sure why I chose them over Grey-Tech though. Right or wrong, I can't help but feel like I chose the wrong one out of the three possible etailers. Suffice to say, I'll never be ordering from DirectDial ever again.

edit - Oh, and price was not an error. I checked - it was indeed a promo price for March. Apparently, March 29 doesn't count as March as far as DirectDial is concerned. Yeah, that's literally their excuse: that because an order placed on March 29 didn't ship until April, it was no longer eligible for the March promotional pricing. Seeing it in writing once again, I still can't believe it.

Think you can overclock? Then show us what you got!
Join the Hardware Canucks Overclocking team today!
Old April 19, 2011, 08:30 PM
Banned
F@H

so basically order in 2009 to be sure they have stock by 2011? :)
Old April 19, 2011, 09:29 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I was just about resigned to let the whole thing go until I wrote this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead Things View Post
Yeah, that's literally their excuse: that because an order placed on March 29 didn't ship until April, it was no longer eligible for the March promotional pricing. Seeing it in writing once again, I still can't believe it.
That - and watching the Jays come back against Mo Rivera - got me fired up again. So, I've done something that I've never done before - I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. Neither DirectDial.com nor its parent THINQ Technologies are accredited members of the BBB, so they are under no obligation to respond to or resolve a complaint filed against them. I have reason to hold out hope though, because they did see two previous complaints against them through to resolution, most recently in November 2010.

Think you can overclock? Then show us what you got!
Join the Hardware Canucks Overclocking team today!