What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

8 GB Patriot Sector 5 DDR3 1333 $50 after MIR @ newegg

Blu

That's unfortunate as they'll lose my business, and I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels like that.

I'll only purchase items with MIRs if the pre-MIR price is already a deal, and in reality don't send in a hell of a lot of MIRs even if I get them.
I'm the same way, I feel like a MIR is useless because 95% of them won't ship to a P.O. Box and thats all I got :(

FiXT

Hall of Fame
Who the hell needs 8GB RAM?!

And care to explain why DDR3 RAM prices are dropping like flies?

A variety of different factors.

- There is a glut in the industry, plmenty of mfgs offering all manner of memory, and current high stock and overproduction
- Panic Selling to clear inventory due to slow buying trends
- Notably, the actual ram makers are not withholding supply & cutting production, which is what usually happens to regulate and keep prices steady or drive them back up.
- Moving from 2GB standard DIMMs to high density 4GB DIMMs, though surprisingly, the 4GB DIMMs are also caught up in this ram firesale

Expect to see prices go back up again around spring after the industry cleans itself out... that is provided