Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > Computer & Electronics Hot Deals

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 28, 2010, 02:41 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default ssd 30gb this is a good deal

from what i can tell this is a indilinx gotten better http://ncix.com/products/index.php?s...y&promoid=1043
Old January 28, 2010, 02:49 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Yup, its a Indi drive. IIRC it also ships with 34NM NAND....but w/out one to tear apart that is all conjecture ;)

Pretty good price too. Maybe before dieing an early death the SSDNow V 40GB did some good!

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr
Old January 28, 2010, 03:05 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

ya no kidding. does the intel 40gb ssd come with trim or not? just wondering what Intel is doing shooting them self's in the foot again are they
Old January 28, 2010, 03:40 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Thats what seals the deal for me Gingerbee. The Intel branded Intel 40GB'er HAS Trim. Seems awfully suspicious doesn't it that Kingston and Intel couldn't "negotiate" a settlement and get the TRIM enabling firmware onto the SSDNow V 40GB.
Intel is not high on my list of recommendations right now over this fiasco. Damn shame to as I REALLY liked the SSDnow V 40.
Best owners of the Kingston 40 can do is either do "Tony-TRIM" or mod the firmware to allow TRIM (and void their warranty). My big question is....what happens to owners of SSDnow 40's who have to RMA their drive after Kingston runs out of stock? What will the replacement be? The V 64 or other JM based drives? Cant see that going over large....same goes for sending in a 40 and getting a Toshiba based 30 back!

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr
Old January 28, 2010, 04:34 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

very good point i didn't think about the ram factor at all. this could get ugly bad move Intel
Old February 12, 2010, 07:45 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

even cheaper this weekend
Old February 12, 2010, 09:11 AM
Hall Of Fame

not as good as a deal as the 60 giger last weekend though :P
Old February 12, 2010, 09:12 AM
MVP

Thumbs up

69.99 after rebate, that deserves a bump
Old February 12, 2010, 10:14 AM
Hall Of Fame

80$ after shipping, taxes and rebate, not bad. However still too much for me, waiting for price to drop to 1$/gb or less before I bite
Old February 12, 2010, 02:49 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Ooohhh shiny :P