What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

XBOX 360 Elite w/ GTA IV @ $99.99

curtispan

I did the exact same thing. I bought it just before it went back to the normal price. Lets see how it goes..

geokilla

NOOOOOOOOOO

Dear Customer:

On your recent visit to futureshop.ca you placed an order for an XBOX 360 Elite With Grand Theft Auto IV Bundle. (Web ID 10123478) When your order was placed, this system was incorrectly listed as $99.99, the correct sale price for this item is $329.99.

Future Shop is working hard to bring the best value and excitement towards consumer electronics, computers, appliances and entertainment to Canadians. Our “Beat the Clock” promotion is designed with this purpose in mind. The “Beat the Clock” promotion was in effect from 9PM EST until 10PM EST, or until 5 units were sold, whichever came first, at the price of $99.99. Unfortunately, we had an execution error that caused the price of $99.99 to remain on the site after the intended end time of 10PM EST.

In the case of your order, which you placed after the end time of the promotion, we regret to inform you that futureshop.ca will not be fulfilling your order for the XBOX 360 Elite With Grand Theft Auto IV Bundle. Please refer to our Web Site Use Agreement for more details on misprints.

Can't you fight this? They had a price error before when I purchased my Samsung MP3 and my dad got me to force them to honour their pricing.

BobbyLou

Banned
Can't you fight this? They had a price error before when I purchased my Samsung MP3 and my dad got me to force them to honour their pricing.

u can. Ive had this happen to me before and if you feel like bitching and complaining just phone them up and complain. Threaten BBB and it will be yours!:thumb:

not sayin you should....

I'm JUS SAYIN!

curtispan

My friends and i are planning to go down to the local Future Slop and argue our way into 3x $100 xbox 360s. Gift cards will also do. :)

Edit: I just arrived home and I received an email stating the same thing as ali123's did. The only difference is I received a code for 5% off my next online purchase valid between now and October 15th, 09. What a friggin' gyp...

Edit 2: Found a copy of the receipt of someone that managed to get FS to sell them the bundle for $99.99. Check the Future Shop fan page. :p

Arirang

My friends and i are planning to go down to the local Future Slop and argue our way into 3x $100 xbox 360s. Gift cards will also do. :)

Edit: I just arrived home and I received an email stating the same thing as ali123's did. The only difference is I received a code for 5% off my next online purchase valid between now and October 15th, 09. What a friggin' gyp...

Edit 2: Found a copy of the receipt of someone that managed to get FS to sell them the bundle for $99.99. Check the Future Shop fan page. :p

Ooh, that gives SOME hope that me and my buddy could get our xbox 360 for 100. =)
We're gonna argue to get it, since they should honour their pricing. But can't do it on weekdays due to school. If you do get your xbox 360 please do tell.

sswilson

Staff member
There isn't an online sale, or traditional sales flyer out there that doesn't have a "we're not responsible for misprints or mistakes" disclaimer attached to it. AFAIK, the only legal action that could be made to stick would be a complaint to the provincial consumer protection agency in cases where it can be shown to have been a willfull misrepresentation (false leader).

curtispan

That is basically my side of the story. They falsely advertised the xbox 360 as on sale for $99.99 and it was in stock. I purchased it along with 2 other friends and there was no sign of the "beat the clock" competition. My order is still up on the site, but I've been told it will not work. Here's to hoping.

Forgot to say thanks for the information Wilson! :canadianwave:

curtispan

Mine too. Those bastards.. It's their screw up, they should own up! Hopefully I'll have time to pay them a nice visit this weekend.

odis172

Interested to see how this turns out, doubt anyone at the store level will be of any assistance, as this is exclusively online. Gl to you though!

Latest posts