Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > Computer & Electronics Hot Deals

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 2, 2009, 10:37 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Default GOG Anniversay Sale - Buy 1 Get 1 Free!

Deal is on the Interplay catalogue. Lots of great classics to choose from.

I am thinking of picking up Giants: Citizen Kabuto and Earthworm Jim 1 & 2 (yes 1&2 = one game from the looks of it). I mean you can't beat 2 (3 in this case) great classics for $6 USD, am I right? I never finished Earthworm Jim on SNES back in '97, I think it's about time! :)

GOG.com

Desktop:
See the drop down!

Laptop: Dell XPS M1530 \\ T7500 2.2GHz \\ 3GB 667 \\ 6 Cell \\ 8600M GT \\ 200GB 7.2K \\ WSXGA+ \\ Bluetooth/Wireless \\ MS Blue Track Mini \\ Vista Ult. (RED)

HEATWARE
Old September 2, 2009, 10:56 AM
Quadfather

My System Specs

Damn... i see at least 6 games I wouldnt mind having as DLC. Does GOG work the same way as steam? can download as many times as necessary but require a login to play? something like that?
Old September 2, 2009, 11:09 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

No GOG is not like Steam, it is DRM free. You DL the .exe and it's yours to abuse as you please. :)

From GOG:

Quote:
Don't let your DRMs turn into nightmares (clever, no?). You won't find any intrusive copy protection in our games; we hate draconian DRM schemes just as much as you do, so at GOG.com you don't just buy the game, you actually own it. Once you download a game, you can install it on any PC and re-download it whenever you want, as many times as you need, and you can play it without an internet connection.

Desktop:
See the drop down!

Laptop: Dell XPS M1530 \\ T7500 2.2GHz \\ 3GB 667 \\ 6 Cell \\ 8600M GT \\ 200GB 7.2K \\ WSXGA+ \\ Bluetooth/Wireless \\ MS Blue Track Mini \\ Vista Ult. (RED)

HEATWARE
Old September 2, 2009, 11:11 AM
Quadfather

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thund3rball View Post
No GOG is not like Steam, it is DRM free. You DL the .exe and it's yours to abuse as you please. :)

From GOG:

Wow, thanks for the info. I was quite upset when I accidentally scratched disk 3 of my Freespace 2 game. Now i'll finally get to play the to end once again good find!
Old September 2, 2009, 11:30 AM
Hall Of Fame

Ditto, props man. Lot of really cool games on here that bring back memories.

Old September 2, 2009, 12:07 PM
Allstar

Earthworm Jim 1 and 2 : Download size - 593 MB

Old September 2, 2009, 02:34 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

That's a very cool site, I was actually VERY surprised to see Heroes of Might and Magic 3 being the best seller of the week followed by the 2 which was second. Those are probably my favorite games and I always thought there were too few players (I was right since 3D0 went bankrupt), but now I am trying to play the 5, but I might buy some the 2 since I dunno what I did with it.