Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > Computer & Electronics Hot Deals

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 20, 2009, 08:56 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Default TechNet discount coupon code.

AKG was talking about TechNet in another thread and got me interested in trying it out but I thought the 350USD price tag was a bit high.

So I tapped into the wisdom of the internets and found this code that drops the price to 261USD. Quite the savings if you ask me.

the Code is : TMSAM04

I'm sure AKG will add his two cents he's been using the service for awhile.

http://lh4.ggpht.com/nightwarp/R7YQuMGt-JI/AAAAAAAADoQ/KVuthG6qJfE/s400/Supportourtroops-2.jpg

Old August 20, 2009, 11:02 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Isn't that the same code he said in his post?
Old August 21, 2009, 02:40 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Might be I didn't notice. I found this online, and AKG sent me a bunch in a PM but they all do the same thing give you 25% off the subscription.

http://lh4.ggpht.com/nightwarp/R7YQuMGt-JI/AAAAAAAADoQ/KVuthG6qJfE/s400/Supportourtroops-2.jpg

Old August 21, 2009, 03:00 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

ok
Old August 21, 2009, 06:57 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Now THIS is a much better price for the number of copies of said programs I'll be buying. I'm going to go sign up now and start getting my copies of Win7 and office07

Woo! Thank you :)

Edit: I just went and started signing up. This code does NOT give you 50% off. Its 25% like all the others, drops the price to 262.
I'm a self certified whizbang repair technician with 20 years of professional bullshit so I don't know what I'm talking about
Old August 21, 2009, 08:02 AM
MVP
F@H

Dude, I've been readin these threads and nowhere did I ever see anything about 50% off. 25% is still a fairly good deal based on what's provided.
Old August 21, 2009, 08:21 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

If its office and win7 you guys are looking for theres some IEEE or some program that you sign up to and get access to MSDNAA which gets you winvista/7 and a bunch of other programs. Signup is around 30$. Don't remember the link to it but I think it was on rfd. As for Office, if its not on MSDNAA, you can check out The Ultimate Steal which gets you office ultimate for $70ish.

ACM.org MSDNAA Access for 19$US (Windows 7...)

Bunch of the office suite doesn't come with it like word, powerpoint.

Old August 21, 2009, 08:47 AM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Problem with MSDNAA is that as soon as your subscription runs out so too does your keys. Read the agreements for both. Technet = 1 year for 10 keys that work FOREVER. MSDNAA = 1 yr with keys which expire when your account does. IIRC correctly MSDNA explicitly states that you have to uninstall all working software as you will be in breech of the agreement if your account runs out.

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr
Old August 21, 2009, 08:49 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Ultimate Steal looks like a good program. I could get my sister to buy it for me using her account, Vista Ultimate is availible too so I would guess Win7 will be available when it get's released.

Thanks for posting Crossfire I'm sure the many students who visit these forums will be happy to take advantage of these offers. Here's the link for the Canadian site of
The Ultimate Steal.

Microsoft Office for Students - The Ultimate Steal

Old August 21, 2009, 08:51 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkG View Post
Problem with MSDNAA is that as soon as your subscription runs out so too does your keys. Read the agreements for both. Technet = 1 year for 10 keys that work FOREVER. MSDNAA = 1 yr with keys which expire when your account does. IIRC correctly it explicitly states that you have to uninstall all working software as you will be in breech of the agreement if your account runs out.
I actually haven't come across that problem since I've had MSDNAA. My UWO account expired when I finished compsci but I don't believe the keys went invalid. I could still use all the keys after reformats. Plus I really don't think they check at all. I'm still using their software for my education of a lifetime, so technically I'm still using their software as evaluation purposes...