Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > Computer & Electronics Hot Deals

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 14, 2009, 06:52 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default Intel X25-M SSDSA2MH080G1 80GB SSD - $234.99 + Free Ship

Newegg.ca - Intel X25-M SSDSA2MH080G1 80GB SATA II MLC Internal Solid state disk (SSD) - Solid State Disks
Old August 14, 2009, 07:01 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Jesus, 234.99, Free shipping, AND a free 16gb SDHC card?

Why cant it be Gen2 tho
I'm a self certified whizbang repair technician with 20 years of professional bullshit so I don't know what I'm talking about
Old August 14, 2009, 08:05 AM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Maybe because the gen 2s have a bug in them (albeit a one which will only effect peeps who run w/ password protection on there hdds) and have been halted until they can fix the issue.

Most likely though its because gen 1 don't come with TRIM and never will! Save your money and wait for the X-25M gen 2.1s (i.e the fixed gen 2s).

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr
Old August 14, 2009, 08:17 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkG View Post
Maybe because the gen 2s have a bug in them (albeit a one which will only effect peeps who run w/ password protection on there hdds) and have been halted until they can fix the issue.

Most likely though its because gen 1 don't come with TRIM and never will! Save your money and wait for the X-25M gen 2.1s (i.e the fixed gen 2s).
They fixed the bug. The firmware update came out 3 or 4 days ago now.
I'm a self certified whizbang repair technician with 20 years of professional bullshit so I don't know what I'm talking about
Old August 14, 2009, 08:32 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

glad to here they fixed it hopefully we will see more of a drop in price again on all ssd's
Old August 14, 2009, 08:41 AM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Learn something new everyday. :) I didn't think it was going to be out for another week. Good to see Intel getting on top of things...unlike some other companies I could mention :/

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr
Old August 14, 2009, 08:56 AM

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkG View Post

Meh. I THRASH my X25-M's. Writing on average a good 100-150/GB a day. I bet they have done about a 1000GB to the array this install alone. They still perform great.

If I had more disposable funds at the moment I would pick up two more of these and an ARC-1231ML in a heartbeat.
Old August 14, 2009, 10:20 AM
"Quote This..."
F@H

I bought 3 60gb vertex's. The new 1.4 firmware has internal garbage collection routines that will work inside a raid array.
OCZ and Indilinx Collaborate On New SSD Garbage Collection Scheme - HotHardware
Old August 14, 2009, 10:27 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
I bought 3 60gb vertex's. The new 1.4 firmware has internal garbage collection routines that will work inside a raid array.
Squeetard ..I was looking at those as well...seems like a good price, question I have is thier a considerable difference having 32 MB onboard Cache vs 64 MB Cache (Falcons)...or some with 128 MB cache?

Old August 14, 2009, 10:32 AM
Allstar
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeetard View Post
That fancy firmware update has me looking at a pair of Vertex for RAID 0 now Bah, I still can't quite seem to decide though.
A Veteran, whether Regular Force, Reserve or Retired- is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank cheque made payable to the Dominion of Canada for an amount of "Up to and including my life"
-Author Unknown