Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > Computer & Electronics Hot Deals

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 26, 2009, 07:27 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by sqrl View Post
It's all about one's e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarKStar View Post
Aren't the Quadros optimized for graphic applications/CAD/OGL ?
That's exactly what I want one for.
If only they weren't so damn expensive...

These cards definatly are not for everyone.
I don't really "need" one right now, but if things go the way I want them to I may really be able to put a couple of these to good use.
Old July 26, 2009, 11:05 PM
Hall of Fame

My System Specs

FYI - Take it from a guy who uses photoshop, premiere and after effects on a regular basis and has tested both regular and Quadra - Quadro cards which utilize CUDA have a enormously marked improvement over generic 3D graphics cards, even as "powerful" as the GTX295. Compared to a lesser specced Quadro, the GTX295 is a tinker toy when it comes to video rendering, editing and effects. You could buy three GTX-295's and still be just as useless as one compared to the Quadro.

There is unquestionably a market for these cards - though unfortunately that market is typically willing to pay a higher price tag for such things.
Old July 26, 2009, 11:18 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiXT View Post
FYI - Take it from a guy who uses photoshop, premiere and after effects on a regular basis and has tested both regular and Quadra - Quadro cards which utilize CUDA have a enormously marked improvement over generic 3D graphics cards, even as "powerful" as the GTX295. Compared to a lesser specced Quadro, the GTX295 is a tinker toy when it comes to video rendering, editing and effects. You could buy three GTX-295's and still be just as useless as one compared to the Quadro.

There is unquestionably a market for these cards - though unfortunately that market is typically willing to pay a higher price tag for such things.
Thanks FiXT... I've never used one as even at the sale price they are far out of my price range.
I suppose maybe that means I don't need one huh?
Perhaps if I start making money doing this stuff (which is the "plan") I can play with the big boy toys.
All of what you said is why I saw this as a "hot deal" even though it's still expensive.
I won't be getting in on this, but I'm sure if anyone who needs or really wants one of these cards sees the price they'll get snagged up.
Old July 27, 2009, 06:14 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

here are some Quadro that are more affordable

NCIX.com - Canada's Premier Computer Store - Great Technology, Service and Selection.
Old July 27, 2009, 06:43 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I've looked through all the Quadro cards on NCIX.
They range from around $150 to almost $4000...
Old July 27, 2009, 05:44 PM
Top Prospect

To me this card looks the same as Nvidia 9800.
Old July 27, 2009, 06:24 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by somecanadianguy View Post

That's exactly what I want one for.
If only they weren't so damn expensive...

These cards definatly are not for everyone.
I don't really "need" one right now, but if things go the way I want them to I may really be able to put a couple of these to good use.
Well you could softmod your card to a Quadro and use the Quadro driver, essentially the same chipset only without the extra memory. :)
Save your money!

CUDA is indeed amazing ! I do al ot of video rendering and filtering using TMPGenc Xpress 4 and it fully uses CUDA and multicore - it's amazing to see both CPU 100% usage and CUDA 100% usage saves HOURS of rendering time !