Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > Computer & Electronics Hot Deals

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 24, 2009, 06:08 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default 60gb OCZ Vertex 184.99

NCIX.com - Buy OCZ Vertex 60GB 2.5IN SATA2 Solid State Disk Flash Drive SSD - OCZSSD2-1VTX60G In Canada.

Guess those price drops due to the 2G X25-m are happening quicker then expected!
My Disclaimer to any advice or comment I make;
Quote:
Originally Posted by CroSsFiRe2009 View Post
I'm a self certified whizbang repair technician with 20 years of professional bullshit so I don't know what I'm talking about
Old July 24, 2009, 06:13 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Meh, triple raid ?

nah........

But I really like what intel is doing to the market.

Sold hardware again.....
Currently using WHS hardware....
Old July 24, 2009, 06:35 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

And this is just the beginning of price drops too. Supposedly the new JMicron controller will drop prices even further.
Old July 24, 2009, 06:55 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by bojangles View Post
And this is just the beginning of price drops too. Supposedly the new JMicron controller will drop prices even further.

Assuming it works?

Is there any rumors about a new Indilix controller on the way too?

I'm not sure any of these controllers will be any more then evolutionary anyways. We're already saturating the sata bus right now, without a next gen controller. How much more preformance can you get befor you hit 300/sec? We're at 250 now. With overhead in to it, I think we'd be lucky to see 10% more and hit 275megs/sec
My Disclaimer to any advice or comment I make;
Quote:
Originally Posted by CroSsFiRe2009 View Post
I'm a self certified whizbang repair technician with 20 years of professional bullshit so I don't know what I'm talking about
Old July 24, 2009, 07:31 AM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

I personally am not looking forward to the read and write max speed of the next gen units (ie Hd Tach or HD Tune read / write test results) as they are as you point out close to sautartion w/ current gen. What I'm hoping for is a SSD Controller which can do 100MB/s @ 4k size writes and 250MB/s 4k reads (i.e. Crystal DiskMark small file test)! Its probably a few generations (AT LEAST) away but this is where the SSD improvements over this gen are going to take place, and where the biggest "real world" perfromance gains are going to come from as most of the time its small files your OS is going to be working on (and using these as data storage devices....is a less than optimal solution for most situations). ;)

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr
Old July 24, 2009, 03:19 PM
Hall of Fame

My System Specs

:rtfm:

Tech Trivia Rule #11:
11. The public posting of answers is prohibited. Contestants engaging in such activities will have their entries disqualified.

Sorry, I don't make the rules, but I do have to enforce them..

Just messing with you
Old July 24, 2009, 03:26 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

"Be so good at what you do that you cant be ignored"