Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > Computer & Electronics Hot Deals

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 10, 2009, 06:10 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default limited sale ssd a-data 500 series

NCIX.com - Buy A-DATA SSD S592 32GB 2.5IN Indilinx SATA2 Solid State Disk Flash Drive *2 Year MFR Warranty* - AS592S-32GM-C In Canada.
i have never disliked a a-data product. always happy with me buys wish i could get a couple of these.
Old July 10, 2009, 06:58 AM
Top Prospect
F@H

I don't get why the deal is so special >< It's 15$ off with free shipping. Well I guess it's a good deal, but referring to it as an "Extreme Deal" like ncix does is alittle extreme I would think.

actually I kinda want to get it now lol.
Old July 10, 2009, 07:03 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

ya the extreme deal title was not up to me. seems a little silly. but everything i can find on this says speed close to some of the higher end ssd's
Old July 10, 2009, 07:13 AM
"Quote This..."
F@H

Limit 1 per customer. pfffft. What about Raid?
Old July 10, 2009, 07:24 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

ok so you gotta start some where. i am think about these possibly being my upgrade just having a hard time finding any performance reviews on them
Old July 10, 2009, 07:36 AM
"Quote This..."
F@H

"Up to 230mbs read and 170mbs write"

That's from a media blurb, couldn't find any reviews either. I'd put it on par with the OCZ agility, decent performing, based on the new indilinx controller.
Old July 10, 2009, 08:13 AM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

From my understanding its the same Indi controller just uses slower (and thus cheaper) NAND chips....AND it looks like no wiper.exe for them either (though that might be forthcoming as wiper is still beta and I can't see them wanting to mess with the baselines until its "finished") This makes sense and is sneaky at the same time, as consumers for the most part are just starting to hear the name Indilinx and now companies are starting to cash in on the name recognition. Also from what I have read its a 10% or more performance hit. IMHO spend the extra few for the known kit. e.g Vertex/Falcon/Torqx/etc

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr
Old July 10, 2009, 08:59 AM
Top Prospect

Anyone know if this is any good.
Old July 10, 2009, 10:59 AM
Allstar
F@H

you can also check the vertex 60gb at newegg, 203$ after mir

Newegg.ca - OCZ Vertex Series OCZSSD2-1VTX60G 2.5&#34; 60GB SATA II MLC Internal Solid state disk &#40;SSD&#41; - Solid State Disks
Old July 10, 2009, 01:29 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

just an alternative option i thought i would put it put there