What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

30" Ultrasharp 899

elec999

That's rather disappointing :\ I wonder if they'll credit you the difference since you originally ordered brand new. Dell support just keeps on getting worse to be honest. It was already enough of a hassle to get them to put in the order for a replacement. I tend to stay away from purchasing from them because of the horrid support but this was a deal I couldn't resist. And plus, there's not many alternatives to choose from in the realm of 30" monitors.
Here is the deal. My head hurts it shouldnt be like this. I called Dell today, and after 4 times of being transferred to the wrong department I got a Canadian tech support agent, who explained to me that Dell suppose to sent me a brandnew unit. Not a refurb. Refurb will be sent out if the unit was with me more then 30days and then became defective. He said he can send me a brandnew one, he put me on hold and then we got disconnected. I later tried calling them, and got the indian tech guy, who said the only only way to get a new monitor is to return this one, and buy a new one at regular price. I spoke to their manager who was worst, they simply refuse to put me through Canadian/USA centers. What even worst, I didnt get my cables nor manual with the replacement. I also told this to the tech who later asked me for the service tag on the monitor and said is this connected to a Dell computer, I dont see how this help in any way. I dont mean to be a bad guy here but the call centers are terrible. Only if someone who knew what they were doing answered. Anyone can help me here?

EDIT and guys believe me, this monitor is amazing, the picture quality on it also really good. Only thing is not im not happy I paid for brandnew and got refurb.

Edit2 One more thing I cannot understand. You call their main number and you get all those options press 1 for sales, 2 for tech support, 3 for customer service. I press 2 then another 4 options, you get connected to the tech support, who asks for your order number and name, then he says sorry sir you reached printer support, he asks where are you calling from, I say Canada, then he says I will transfer you the right department, where you get another person asking for your order number, who says sorry sir this is the USA tech support who again transfers you the wrong dept. So damn frustrating. At one point when I called customer service, the rep told me Dell does not sell LCD monitor. I feel so lost here.

Edit I know there may be so many brands, but none cant beat this price of $899 plus 5 year warranty for a few dollars more.

artistpavel

Wow, so many horror stories, I feel like I should keep my monitor despite a few dead pixels just to avoid getting something worse in the mail after so and so business days.

elec999

I finally got with a Canadian rep, and he solved my issue. They will send me a brandnew monitor.

elec999

Haha guess who just got slapped me, they once again sent me a refurb.

artistpavel

Did they? Any dead pixels? Just trying to do statistics on how often dead pixels appear on those screens.

elec999

Did they? Any dead pixels? Just trying to do statistics on how often dead pixels appear on those screens.
I dont see any dead pixels on the screen I have here. But I never felt so disappointing with Dell. My time is not worth it, screw you Dell. People who work there are stone stupid, never seen that in my life. They keep on asking me, is this display hooked up to A dell computer. I dont see how this relates to anything.

artistpavel

I know, Dell made one guy send his monitor back for replacement instead of telling him he needed a dual link DVI cable for clear picture.
Feel sorry for you.

Latest posts