Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > Computer & Electronics Hot Deals

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 6, 2009, 07:44 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Well that is true Chilly but my reply was supposed to be more of a joke!

Also I'd like to add you can have "serious" competitive gamers and serious gamers who play non-competitive games. The problem is I think most people see shooters as the "serious" games played in leagues. I would fall in the latter category just because I can't be bothered to play so much to actually be competitive! RPGs and Simulators are still serious games I would say even more hardcore than shooters. I real hardcore PC gamer to me is someone who went through Baldur's Gate 2 multiple times.

Old July 6, 2009, 08:02 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by FtGF View Post
Well L4D is as demanding as the original Wolfenstein so that's not much of a benchmark.
True, it's not the most demanding game out there. Besides a select few a decent GPU should handle it all fine. I think spending that much on a monitor assumes you'll have an equally expensive PC to back that up :)
Old July 7, 2009, 11:35 PM
Rookie

Sounds like a good deal to me. Nice find!
Old July 8, 2009, 10:36 AM
Top Prospect

I just got my replacement and they sent me a refurb. Is that even aloud, doesnt even include the manuals or the usb cable for the hub. I am seek on speaking to india is there any USA call centers.
Old July 8, 2009, 11:30 AM
MVP
F@H

Please kill this thread... everytime I see a new post in it I think that the deal is back on.

That kind of teasing just isn't nice. I'm still livid that I missed this deal :(

WORK KANG: Silverstone SG03 | EVGA x58 Micro w/ 920 @ 4.2Ghz | Sapphire 5970 | 12GB Dominator DDR3-2000 | 240GB Revodrive X2 | SilverStone ST650F
MINI KANG: BitFenix Prodigy | Asus P8Z77i Deluxe mITX w/ 2600K @ 4.5Ghz | EVGA GTX 680 2GB | 8GB Vengeance DDR3-1866 | 2x Intel 160GB SSD | Corsair AX650
KANGZILLA: Custom MM Ascension | SR-2 | 2x X5650 | 2x SilverStone ST1000F | 2x Intel 160GB SSD | 15x 120mm rads | Under construction...

Old July 8, 2009, 11:33 AM
Top Prospect

Or Move the thread to another place.
Old July 8, 2009, 12:46 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liu Kang View Post
Please kill this thread... everytime I see a new post in it I think that the deal is back on.

That kind of teasing just isn't nice. I'm still livid that I missed this deal :(
I had this monitor at my door, but had to refuse it in favor of 3008wfp, if I knew, I'd transfer it to any of you guys.
Old July 13, 2009, 01:06 PM
Rookie

Grr, Dell takes forever to send out replacements. Had a problem with mine involving physical damage to the screen and the replacement has been sitting in processing since July 6. Apparently takes 5-10 business days according to them, so I should be seeing it soon, I hope.
Old July 13, 2009, 02:29 PM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by x3sphere View Post
Grr, Dell takes forever to send out replacements. Had a problem with mine involving physical damage to the screen and the replacement has been sitting in processing since July 6. Apparently takes 5-10 business days according to them, so I should be seeing it soon, I hope.
Mine came refurb. With missing usb cable, power cable, driver cd and manual. Calling their call center is a mightmare, they first transfer me to dep to dep.
Old July 13, 2009, 05:05 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elec999 View Post
Mine came refurb. With missing usb cable, power cable, driver cd and manual. Calling their call center is a mightmare, they first transfer me to dep to dep.
That's rather disappointing :\ I wonder if they'll credit you the difference since you originally ordered brand new. Dell support just keeps on getting worse to be honest. It was already enough of a hassle to get them to put in the order for a replacement. I tend to stay away from purchasing from them because of the horrid support but this was a deal I couldn't resist. And plus, there's not many alternatives to choose from in the realm of 30" monitors.