What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Intel Retail Edge. Core i7 for Cheap

geokilla

Yea...You have to register to be able to see the details, so I'm just going to copy and paste this off another site. Hope HWC doesn't mind.

Apoptosis said:
To be eligible for participation in the Intel Retail Edge Program you must work at an Approved Chain:

* A&B SOUND
* AARON'S
* ALTEX ELECTRONICS
* AMERICAN
* APPLE RETAIL STORE
* BCOM COMPUTER CENTRE
* BEST BUY (CANADA)
* BEST BUY (USA)
* BJ'S WHOLESALE CLUB
* BRANDSMART USA
* BUY.COM
* CANADA COMPUTERS
* CDW
* CENTRAL COMPUTERS
* CHEAP GUYS COMPUTERS
* COMPUCARE
* COMPUSA (TIGER DIRECT.COM)
* COMPUSA OUTLET STORES (TIGER OUTLET STORES)
* COMPUTER BUILDERS WAREHOUSE
* COMPUTER STOP
* CONN'S
* COSTCO
* DATAVISION
* DIGILINK COMPUTERS
* ELITE TECHNOLOGY
* FRY'S ELECTRONICS
* FUTURE SHOP
* GEEK SQUAD
* INSIGHT
* INTREX
* J&R MUSIC AND COMPUTER WORLD
* KEHTRON COMPUTERS
* LA CURACAO
* LONDON DRUGS
* MDG COMPUTERS CANADA
* MEMORY EXPRESS
* MICRO CENTER
* MICROBYTES
* MILWAUKEE PC
* NCIX.COM/NETLINK COMPUTER
* NEBRASKA FURNITURE MART
* NEXCOM
* OFFICE DEPOT
* OFFICEMAX
* PC CLUB
* PC CONNECTION
* PC LAPTOPS
* PC MALL
* PC VILLAGE
* RADIOSHACK
* RCS COMPUTER EXPERIENCE
* RENT-A-CENTER
* SAM'S CLUB
* SONY OUTLET STORES
* SONY STYLE
* STAPLES
* STAPLES BUSINESS DEPOT
* SUPERIOR COMPUTERS
* SUPERIOR PC SYSTEMS
* TECH ADVANCED COMPUTERS
* THE SOURCE BY CIRCUIT CITY
* WAL-MART (CANADA)
* AND WAL-MART (USA)

This is one of the better deals in a long time...

2005 - Pentium D 820, Intel D945PSN, and XP Pro for $215
2006 - C2D E6300, Intel DG965WH, and Vista Ultimate for $220
2007 - C2Q Q6600/Q6700, Intel DG33TL, and Vista Premium for $219/249
2008 - C2Q Q9300, Intel DP45SG, and Vista Premium for $259
2009 - Core i7 920, Intel DX58SO, and Vista Ultimate & a Windows 7 Upgrade Voucher for $289

Intel(R) Retail Edge Program

Chos3n

I worked at Wal-Mart and I never heard of that... damn, that's a good deal for a Core i7. Any links to actually claim it?

geokilla

OP will be updated with link to Intel Retail Edge

That's as far as I can bring you cus you need to register to go further into the site.

SynCroNiz3

Also theres the mini bundle.

Mini Bundle – $129 (USD)

• Intel® Core™ i7 920 processor
  • Windows Vista Ultimate*
  • Upgrade voucher to receive Windows 7*
    upon its release

FiXT

Hall of Fame
Actually, having been the recipient of the "Big Deal" bundles for the past few years, I can definitely say it is NOT a scam, in fact the retail edge promotion is an awesome way to upgrade, and I typically wait for the bundles to come out before I upgrade.

It is put on by Intel directly, and they even host conferences and events throughout the year. For instance, this past year they held an advanced screening of Batman: The Dark Knight, for those involved.

It is Free to join, but you HAVE to verify your employment with a pay-stub current within 30 days (I think it is 30, may be more) Validation is only good for 90 days, and then you have to resubmit.

You can also earn points and redeem them for some decent swag that shows up periodically on the website or be entered into the draw. To get the good stuff you have to spend a few hours every month reading marketting and PR junk and answering questions.

Its a great program that Intel puts on. It is geared towards computer "salesmen" to help brainwash...errr, educate, them on what Intel offers and their advantages.

If only more FS and BB employees participated - maybe they could finally grasp the concept of computer technologies...instead of
"this computer is a lot faster than that computer....because the CPU number is higher"

kiwik

"Please Note: Residents of Quebec are not eligible for participation in special offers and promotions from the Intel® Retail Edge Program. We regret not being able to include Quebec in these offers. Unfortunately, regulations imposed by the Quebec Government prevent participation.

However, your account will allow you to log in and benefit from the information available on the site."

Of course, how did I not see that coming...

Latest posts