Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > Computer & Electronics Hot Deals

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 2, 2009, 05:37 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Great. I'll just pick up the 920 and Vista Ultimate then. Thanks for saving me the trouble Charlie :)
I'm a self certified whizbang repair technician with 20 years of professional bullshit so I don't know what I'm talking about
Old July 2, 2009, 06:17 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Hey Sagath, mind updating us on shipping costs afterwards? Heard it's going to be $40 for shipping over on RFD.

Old July 2, 2009, 06:20 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by CroSsFiRe2009 View Post
Hey Sagath, mind updating us on shipping costs afterwards? Heard it's going to be $40 for shipping over on RFD.
My friend is ordering it as we speak. I'll let you all know for sure. To be honest, even if it is 40 for duties etc, it is still worth it.

Thats a $320 CPU I'm getting for <200, plus a copy of Ultimate AND windows 7.

In-Sane.
I'm a self certified whizbang repair technician with 20 years of professional bullshit so I don't know what I'm talking about
Old July 2, 2009, 06:35 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Order placed.

He said it was 159 USD with Shipping, so 29 USD for Shipping. Thats close to your guestimate of 40 CAN. Still have to see what happens with duties and taxes. I'd figure add another 15% since I'm in Ontario.
Old July 3, 2009, 08:08 PM
Rookie

what does AMD's counterpart offer?
Old July 3, 2009, 09:55 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Hehe, yep RFD, usually pretty close with guestimates. I also heard something about producer level and only being able to order the stuff when your higher lvl or something. Can anybody give me the specifics on what you have to do be eligible for the cpu/vista/win7 pack only?

Got 2 cousins who work at Staples and might be able to do it for me but are just as clueless about it as me. All I know is that you got to fax them a paystub to verify employment. Might end up sellin that second i7 to one of you HWC'ers if I manage to figure out for a lower price ;) than those folks hawking the package over on craigslist. Then again a second i7 rig folding sounds interesting too.

Old July 4, 2009, 06:53 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by CroSsFiRe2009 View Post
Hehe, yep RFD, usually pretty close with guestimates. I also heard something about producer level and only being able to order the stuff when your higher lvl or something. Can anybody give me the specifics on what you have to do be eligible for the cpu/vista/win7 pack only?

Got 2 cousins who work at Staples and might be able to do it for me but are just as clueless about it as me. All I know is that you got to fax them a paystub to verify employment. Might end up sellin that second i7 to one of you HWC'ers if I manage to figure out for a lower price ;) than those folks hawking the package over on craigslist. Then again a second i7 rig folding sounds interesting too.
They have a 'points' system. Basically the idea behind the site is to promote the employees knowledge about INTEL products and such. So, they have you take a bunch (up to you how many) of tests. Its nothing insane, like 4 questions per test nets you 500 points.

You need (iirc) 4000 points to order any of the Retail Edge packages. I bet it took me and my buddy 30 seconds to do 8 tests to net that many points . You can sign up and go thru the motions even if you're not an employee at FS/BB etc. Just to check it out if you want.

As a tie in to your question; If you get a semi-massive ammount of points (20k+), and maintain a minimum monthly quota of points of around 2000 (ie: you continually are 'learning' intel stuff) then you can order the other stuff off the site. T-shirts, hats, bags, up to and including a Sony 50" TV. Which is always sold out. Sigh.
Old July 4, 2009, 10:26 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Hmm..found this part on their website
"
June 2009 Big Deal

Name: Summer 2009

Dates: June 17 July 22, 2009
Requirements:
  • Members must have their employment verified
  • Members must complete the Sessions for April and May, 2009."
How were you able to do the sessions for april and may or do they even check if you did?
---------------

nvm got it XD

Old July 8, 2009, 05:51 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

I asked my boss to sign up for this, and its been a few weeks and we havent heard back. Where exactly does the company sign up, or who should we email? Also im guessing theres no way I can get in on this package as someone previously stated its only good until the 22nd?
Old July 8, 2009, 07:28 PM
MVP

Could anyone order me this? I mean if you're ordering and I provide you with the money, could you get me the Core i7?

please?