What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

EVGA nForce 750i SLI FTW Barebone Kit + BFG GTX 280 + XION 1000W PSU

slugbug

Why they bundle a Pentium D CPU with that combo is beyond me. They could have just as easily put in a Core 2 Duo or Quad.

Eagle Eye

Gettting rid of old stock slug. You know as well as I do some completely uninformed buyer will thinks its amazing and pick it up. Most people look at the clock rate of a cpu and that usually convinces them.

EE

Soultribunal

Staff member
Woot! Pentuim D!!!!

I think it'd be cool (as I've stated in IRC) to get one clocking at 5Ghz.
Beyond that, its old Tech.
And that Xion PSU...well, no.
Look at how they did the Rails?!

ST

geokilla

Pentium D EXTREME EDITION!!!!! 3.73Ghz!!! W000T! I wonder how much they go for on eBay.

It's not a bad barebone kit, but nothing special either. That GTX280 though....special!

Cowboy

How good of a deal is that gtx 280? Considering that gtx3xx/hd58xx is coming in july?

Is it worth buying? (and upgrading from a 4870?)

Realityshift

That barebones looks like it comes with a 192 gtx 260 not the newer core 216s =( Id also NEVER trust a xion power supply with anything less then 50% load >.< Especially not with the high end gear thats going to be drawing 1000w.

Kruzn that GTX 280 you posted is TR, only 2 year warranty =( pretty sure the BFG one is full lifetime warranty.

Realityshift

It was RJ that pointed it out in a few other posts, I just started picking up on it, If you look at the description normally it says 2 years parts and labor. =)

Latest posts