What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

DC not offering free shipping on 300+ $ spent ?

Ronin

Any one else not getting the Free Shipping deal at DC ?

sswilson

Staff member
Nope, it's not just you. I tried a monitor and there wasn't an option for the free shipping.

Try giving username DC_Support a PM to see if he can help you out. (I'd drop him a PM to find out what's going on, but if the deal is gone it's best for you to give him a shout... you might be able to talk him into something since the ad is still up :) ).

Eagle Eye

Nope, it's not just you. I tried a monitor and there wasn't an option for the free shipping.

Try giving username DC_Support a PM to see if he can help you out. (I'd drop him a PM to find out what's going on, but if the deal is gone it's best for you to give him a shout... you might be able to talk him into something since the ad is still up :) ).

I sure hope not its a DC trademark, but I guess with the markets tanking and nobody spending the big bucks the good deals go with it.

EE

Ronin

I'm just wondering cause on the banner with the All-Canadian advantage it still says that there's free shipping when you purchase 300+.

sswilson

Staff member
Yeah, check with DC_Support (much better than trying to contact DC through customer support). Since the ad is still up, it could just be a problem with the website.

letterip

Any one else not getting the Free Shipping deal at DC ?

Just placed my first order (> $300) with them yesterday and the option for free shipping was not available, despite their banner stating "Free* Ground Shipping with orders over $300" (which is still showing on their website).

I wrote to them using the on-line form to ask for a refund of the shipping costs. :rtfm:

I'll let you know what happens...

Lpfan4ever

Yeah, it seems they're going a bit off of their ads lately. They advertise only CP and Purolator for shipping, but the second half of my shipment (dad's MP3 player case, couldn't find them anywhere else) got shipped UPS.

Ronin

Atleast Bestdirect still has its FS for 500+. Sucks that their inventory isn't up to par with NCIX or DC.

letterip

Fast Reply From Customer Service

Just placed my first order (> $300) with them yesterday and the option for free shipping was not available, despite their banner stating "Free* Ground Shipping with orders over $300" (which is still showing on their website).

I wrote to them using the on-line form to ask for a refund of the shipping costs. :rtfm:

I'll let you know what happens...

Subject: RE:Customer Care - For order and service related questions.

letterip,

I removed the shipping charges and sent a request to the Paypal department to refund that as soon as possible.
Sorry for the inconvenience.
--------------------------------------------
Customer care, Direct Canada

As per thread advice, in addition to contacting DC through the Customer Service on-line form, I also PM'd user DC_Support.. Never heard back, so not sure if that was a contributing factor, but very pleased with the speed of their reply.. and the outcome !
:clap:

Ronin

Sweet, hopefully they it`s just the site having bugs so the FS doesn`t appear when you check out. Good thinking Letterip, asking for a refund.

Latest posts