What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Insanely hot price on CAS6 6GB DDR3 - $232

S_G

Kit-Tronics*::*Memory*::*Mushkin*::*Mushkin 998675 (3x2GB) XP3-10666

That's right. $232 for 6GB of CAS 6 DDR3-1333! The only other such kit I've seen was from GEIL, and it costs $350.

I had an hour-long chat with a guy over at Kit-Tronics. I was searching for 6GB DDR3 kits, but there were none listed on the site. I was hoping I could just check out some prices. Long story short, I am now in love with this company. They're a lot bigger than their website makes them out to be.

The guy who I spoke to (Grier? I forget - I am really bad with names) was incredibly helpful. He sifted through Mushkin's stock, told me what they had, what was in stock, where it was shipping from, everything you could possibly want to know. He actually added the aforementioned set of RAM to the site so that I could see it myself. Anyhow, turns out that there was a price drop on DDR3 on Friday. Since they're a distributor, they can sell stuff at the new prices almost immediately.

Also not listed on their site: DDR3-1600 8-8-8-24 for about $250 or something, and also some 1600 7-8-7-20 for $275 or so.

They also have some nice prices on WaterChill stuff: Kit-Tronics*::*WaterChill*::*Components + Pumps

Ordered myself one of their chipset blocks. 2-day express shipping to Montreal was only $14. Actually 2 days for the memory, 1-day for the block, since it's in a Laval warehouse.

S_G

Yeah, I asked him about that. Not sure why I didn't buy one. Basically, Prometeia went out of business, so they've had a ton of their stuff in stock for a couple of years now. So they started clearing them out recently. They cleared out some Lian Li cases and Prometeia stuff for next to nothing, I was kinda bummed that I missed out, stuff they put on clearance apparently doesn't last long.

johnnyuterus

is it coming from the US ? is there shipping and duty involved? and does anyone have any approximate pricing on something like this?

S_G

Sadly, it looks like the deal is dead. Prices went up.

Kit-Tronics is a distributor, so they either:
- ship it from one of their many warehouses worldwide
- drop ship it from the manufacturer

In this case, they are drop shipping it to me from Mushkin in the States. Shipping - of course, duties - no, because Kit-Tronics is a Canadian company based out of Montreal, and I'm paying taxes on the item.