Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > Computer & Electronics Hot Deals

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 2, 2008, 02:30 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Got my order about 3 weeks ago and it took about 3 weeks to get here. Did a small test order, Iíll list the items below with my opinions of each one.

Anti static wrist strap: DealExtreme: $1.80 Static-Release Wrist Strap
Ugly baby blue colour and cord could be longer, but overall not bad for the price.

Thumb screws: DealExtreme: $3.30 6*6 Steel Hand-Twist PC Case Screws Kit (20-Pack)
Replace case screws, not the best nickel plating will have to see if they will eventually
rust, if they donít then it is a good deal.

Nintendo DS screen protectors: DealExtreme: $4.12 Screen Protectors Set for NDS (with Free Keychain)
Very good and you get a key chain for your DS (kids DS)

Solder paste: DealExtreme: $3.73 LodeStar Soldering Paste (50g)
Good price but did not use any yet so canít comment on quality.

Aluminum heat sinks: DealExtreme: $3.38 Aluminum Alloy Chipset Heatsinks for PC Memory Chips (8-HSK Set)
Not bad and thermal tape is sticky and stays put, drops temps adequately.

15cm Nylon Cable Ties (100 pcs): DealExtreme: $1.99 15cm Nylon Cable Ties (100 pcs)
Cheap and thin but does what it suppose to do, can't go wrong with these unless they are going to be seen then you'll probable want to use something more appealing to the eyes.

USB Hub: DealExtreme: $4.16 Compact USB 4 Ports Hub
This was the dude of the bunch, works at first but as soon as you start to use a lot of bandwidth it locks up and all devices connected to it
get disconnected. It has to be unplugged then plugged in again for it to start working.

So my overall opinion of the site is it can have good deals but you have to be knowledgably of the products you are buying and read the reviews on the product pages (most seem OK). Anyways hope this helps other decide if they want to shop there