Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Cases

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 3, 2008, 08:30 AM
3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
F@H

My System Specs

Question Small rack units?

I'm in the process of setting up our server room at my new workplace; in order to handle some of the cable clutter coming from the network cabling 1U rack and the 24-cable 1U Linksys switch, I'd like to install both of them into a rack unit, wall-mounted if possible. A 2U rack would work, a 4U rack would be perfect and a 6U rack would more than plenty.

Any ideas? I don't know much about server racks, and am learning in the process.

Thanks.

edit: nvm, found at least one that would fit my bill: NCIX.com - Canada's Premier Computer Store - Great Technology, Service and Selection.

Last edited by 3.0charlie; September 3, 2008 at 09:00 AM.
Old September 3, 2008, 09:03 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

How deep are the two units. You can get some nice brackets like this. There are some really nice wall boxes that are hinged so you can easily access both sides of the equipment if you have to. These units are $500+, though. I am not sure if this one is hinged but you cat get the idea. Unless you are going to be working on it all the time I think a rack is probably overkill. Just get a cheap shelf and some cable tray or a management panel and cable tie everything neatly in place.
Old September 3, 2008, 09:08 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Thanks for the options, and the shallow rack. It's great to know there are other styles out there. I'll keep on searching.
Old September 5, 2008, 04:39 PM
MVP

I have a couple of these:

NCIX.com - Canada's Premier Computer Store - Great Technology, Service and Selection.

My only issue is actually screwing in the equipment. It's quite difficult.
Old September 5, 2008, 04:59 PM
Hall Of Fame

Small?
RP Electronics - Test Instruments , Power Supplies , Inverters , Electronic Project Kits and more!
Old September 5, 2008, 05:31 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Thanks guys - I bought this rack today: NCIX.com - Canada's Premier Computer Store - Great Technology, Service and Selection.. Should do the trick.