Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Cases

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 24, 2008, 12:37 PM
Rookie

Default Fan CFM for CM 690

I'm building a new system(in my signature). I just bought a Coolermaster CM 690. I was going to use two intake and two exhaust fans putting out 40cfm or so. That would be 80cfm in and out. I will be overclocking, my first time actually. Is this cfm good? Just want to get opinions before I order the fans.
Evga GTX 285
4GB Mushkin DDR2 1066Mhz
2 Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 640GB
Corsair TX750
Coolermaster HAF 932
Old August 24, 2008, 12:38 PM
Hall Of Fame

For the 690 I'd put a 120x38mm fan up front like a Scythe Kaze to get the air into the case.

Aside from that put Scythe S-Flex on the rear and top and you should be good to go.
Old August 24, 2008, 01:45 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Two in, two out should be good IF they are good fans. CFM is all well and fine but to suck in the fresh air (and push it out) Static Pressure is more important than CFM. I used to solely use Scyth Sflex "E"s for my builds but have been very impressed w/ the Noctua NF-p12-1300s and have since swapped over to 'em. Both are $$$ but you get what you pay for. Another option is Panaflo's 120*120*38mm's undervolted, at lower speed these bad boys are whisper quiet, yet still have very good static pressure levels.

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr
Old August 24, 2008, 02:01 PM
Rookie

I was going to use Scythe Slip Stream SY1225SL12L rated at 40CFM. The two intakes I was going to mount on the side, one custom mounted to blow air into the OCZ Vendetta and the RAM, the other to blow air into the GPU. The exhaust fans would be back and rear top mounted. I figure those locations will help cool the CPU, Motherboard relatively well. With the fan controller I can see if negative or positive pressure works better.
Evga GTX 285
4GB Mushkin DDR2 1066Mhz
2 Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 640GB
Corsair TX750
Coolermaster HAF 932