Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Cases

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 13, 2007, 08:23 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

Talking You rock

These are perfect! I will keep in mind the heat issue, but I only have 1 8600 and I keep a very strong + steady flow of air going through my computers at all times. I will likely not use anything plastic for the locking mechanism - likely something sheet-metal-ish, but I'm not sure. To make the U-shape I'll probably use a router or something (rounded mill bit?) and cut a straight line very close to the edge. I probably won't buy this case for a while, but I do hope to get it in not too long. I will try to post some pictures of my mod if it works out! Thank you again, you have been very helpful. Does the canucks forum have a rating system I could rate you with? I know at VBForums you can click 'Rate' when someone helps you, is there something similar?

I really think these bananas are the coolest smilies I've seen in a long time (maybe ever). FireFox's extension ImageZoom lets me make them big, so I can see them dance full screen =P ()

Thank you again, you have really gone out of your way to help me!
Old August 14, 2007, 10:52 AM
Rookie

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babrbarossa View Post
I haven't noticed that this review is posted on any other sites so far- Is there some sort of protocol we should adopt to get these out there? Should I be collecting email addresses or something from the other tech sites to sent links to?

A good way to get reviews out is to link to them on online stores (ncix.com, tigerdirect.ca, etc.)

Old August 16, 2007, 09:17 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

For the temperature graph, CPU and interior temperatures appear to have been accidentally reversed. It's a good case, but not my flavour.
Old August 16, 2007, 09:30 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Nope, that is the temp Rivatuner was reading for the interior of the case. On the other hand, to cut down on errors from using a software program, all future case reviews will be done with a pair of Compunurse digital thermometers much like the Nmedia case review was done.

The interior of this case gets EXTREMELY hot without upgraded fans with a pair of G80 cards
Old August 25, 2007, 03:01 AM
Trial Member

Good well balanced honest review.

I have the previous version of that case and have to say I was very disappointed with the airflow inside the case it seemd flawed.

I even contacted Gigabyte who said it was probably dodgy temp sensors on my board, until I pointed out it was a gigabyte board.

It is a very good case appart from the airflow issue, I will try your suggestion of attaching additional fans with velcro, it did occur to me but I was not sure of a reliable method of attachment.

I built a machine for my wife which is identical in components (E6600, Gigabyte DS3 etc) the only difference being I have a 7950 GX2 graphics card and 3 hd's. SHe has an Akasa case and the stock intel cooler and her temps are 15- 20 degrees lower, my case cost 90 and hers cost 29.

The PC's are in the same room as well.
Old October 25, 2007, 08:05 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

Talking Keep cool AND see your rig

Unfortunately, I have been so busy recently that I won't have time to do the full side replacement mod I want to do, but I absolutely had to have a window in the side of my computer. This presents a problem because it raises every temp in my computer up to 10 degrees! This isn't good for overclocking and gaming. What I did was increase airflow through the plexiglass - I put a fan in it. Similar to Skymtl's fan on the grill mod, I cut out a fan center sized hole in it hen drilled 4 screw sized holes around that. With the fan grill I used, you can't even see my bad cut job on the big hole! I attached some pics.

How I did it:
I traced a fan onto paper (outline, screw holes, and fan area) then cout it our roughly and taped it behind the plastic. I thin drilled out the center of the big hole and cut the whole thing out with a fine toothed thin bladed saw and drilled the screw holes out with (I believe) a 3/8" drill bit. A HUGE TIP: clamp the plexiglass to a piece of plywood VERY securely especially right near where you will be drilling or the bit (unless you use a step drill) will rip the plexi off the table and crack or shatter it!!! Then I took some sandpaper and smoothed out the edges and then gave it a test by screwing in a fan! I now find no real difference in temps when I take off the side panel with the computer running to do work in it! With my new Thermaltake V2 cooler and this mod, I'm off to the races! (literally, if I can get trackmania united working again)

Unfortunately, I keep getting database errors when I try to upload my images, so I will try uploading the rest later.

:cana dianwave:
Attached Images

Old October 26, 2007, 12:54 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

Default other pics

I still can;t get any other photos to post, so here are the links:

http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/4594/holeut2.gif

http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/5...omfrontcs7.gif
http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/5...rombackoq5.gif
http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/61/sideofcaserh5.gif

Old October 26, 2007, 01:35 PM

BTW, the photos you were trying to upload were too big. You need to have photos that are 1078X768 or smaller in size. That is why you were getting that error.
Old October 26, 2007, 04:28 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

Default WTF!

it said max size for a GIF was 1600x1200! That's why I chose gif!:rtfm:

Old October 26, 2007, 05:26 PM

Rescale the pics to 1078X768 and they will work.