Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Cases

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 8, 2007, 05:48 PM
Hall Of Fame

does this case is going to be soon available at directcanada.com? :/...or antec solo?
Old April 8, 2007, 07:02 PM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

It is available from DC here:
Gigabyte 3D Aurora 570 ATX Black Aluminum Tower Case 5X5.25 2X3.5 5X3.5INT No PS W/ Window - DirectCanada

I have it on pretty good authority that they have stock on its way.
Old April 9, 2007, 06:26 AM
Hall Of Fame

I hope so...
Old April 9, 2007, 07:05 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babrbarossa View Post
I haven't noticed that this review is posted on any other sites so far- Is there some sort of protocol we should adopt to get these out there? Should I be collecting email addresses or something from the other tech sites to sent links to?
Add them to the news email acct. Bab

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
My knuckles are bleeding from fishing through walls a new CAT6 network cable... I found fresh, untapped electrical outlets...
"It's all in the Reflexes"-Jack Burton
Old August 13, 2007, 09:11 AM
Rookie

My System Specs

Talking Picture Please

Would anyone be able to post a close up of the side panel on the INside and where/how the panel connects to the case? Is it a swinging door, or does it slot into something? I'm asking because I really love this case but I MUST have a MUCH bigger window. I was going to just buy a piece of plexiglass the same size as the door and find a way to hold it in place, but I need to know how it secures so I can find a way to secure the plexiglass while allowing it to still be removable. Thanx a lot!
Old August 13, 2007, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by browner87 View Post
Would anyone be able to post a close up of the side panel on the INside and where/how the panel connects to the case? Is it a swinging door, or does it slot into something? I'm asking because I really love this case but I MUST have a MUCH bigger window. I was going to just buy a piece of plexiglass the same size as the door and find a way to hold it in place, but I need to know how it secures so I can find a way to secure the plexiglass while allowing it to still be removable. Thanx a lot!
It slots into an area near the front of the case and then is attached by mounting screws in the back. You can see a detail of the rounded metal piece it clamps onto in this picture:

Old August 13, 2007, 01:04 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

Default thanx

You mean this? Do you have a shot of the edge of the side panel itself (the part that hooks into this)? (A cross-section would be nice - could you post a bic looking straight down on the panel's edge?)

Thank you very much!
Attached Images

Old August 13, 2007, 01:19 PM

Yes, that is what I mean. I will take a picture of the other part you need tonight. Check out this thread again at around 7:00pm EST and you will have your pic.
Old August 13, 2007, 02:21 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

Talking !!

Thank you very much! I will do so.

I know I'm asking a lot of you, but would you also be able to give me the FULL dimensions (i.e. including all tabs and stuff) of the panel (to get the right size of plexiglass)? Thank you again!

Last edited by browner87; August 13, 2007 at 03:35 PM.
Old August 13, 2007, 03:49 PM

Above are two of the side panel. Notice that the u-shaped channel runs the length of the entire panel. Good luck fabricating this out of plexi.

The rounded channel runs the entire height of the case and the u-channel on the side panel basically slips into it. It can pivot and then slide off.

The size of the panel itself is:

20" long
19 3/8" high

You will probably want to add another 1/4" to the length so you can fabricate a return in order to use the thumb screws on the back of the case to hold it all in place.

You might also want to know that Gigabyte uses the case itself as a form of heat-transfer. When I have a pair of 8800-series cards cooking away in there, the side of the case closest to the rear expansion slots gets quite warm. This can cause a problem since smaller tichkness plex or acrylic is known to bow when subjected to heat.

And I am always more than happy to help.