Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Cases

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 7, 2009, 01:09 PM
MVP

Ill take some photos for you....

As for the pump fitting in the drivebay... well.... I had to cut out one of the drivebays inorder to get my pump to fit in the bottom. Not that the pump was too big, but it was more so the tubing coming off the pump going up to the res. I wanted to hide the pump as much as possible and that meant pushing back deep inside the cage, therefore I had to cut a slot in the bottom the hd cage that sits right above. Not sure if I have a photo of that but I can try and get the camera in there for you to see....

Sorry for the delays inbetween the replies... busy busy with the kids and work. Ill do my best to get something here tonight for you.

The Fesser rads look like monsters in size (too me). Make sure you measure, then measure again :)
i2600k sandy bridge @ 3.4ghz/ 2x 8800 GTX KO ACS3 PCI-E 630MHZ 768MB 2.0GHZ SLI'd / Raptor 74GB / Antec 1200 Hundred Gaming Case / G.Skill Ripjaws ddr3 1600 cl 8-8-8-24 - 8gigs / evga z68 SLI MOBO / Samsung DVD+RW / Corsair ax850 PSU / 24" Samsung CinkMaster

Cooling:
Swiftech Dual rad
Swiftech Single rad
Swiftech Micro Res
Swiftech Apogee GT Cpu block
Feser One Red Fluid
Old March 7, 2009, 05:19 PM
MVP

alright, i lied alittle.... I have my DVD drive at the bottom of the case to provide room in the top cage for the res. Inorder for me to get my pump in there outta the way, I have to cut the notch out like I mentioned in the previous post.

The rad is resting up against the rear 120mm fan, its basically pressed up against it to allow room in the front for the hoses and fittings.
i2600k sandy bridge @ 3.4ghz/ 2x 8800 GTX KO ACS3 PCI-E 630MHZ 768MB 2.0GHZ SLI'd / Raptor 74GB / Antec 1200 Hundred Gaming Case / G.Skill Ripjaws ddr3 1600 cl 8-8-8-24 - 8gigs / evga z68 SLI MOBO / Samsung DVD+RW / Corsair ax850 PSU / 24" Samsung CinkMaster

Cooling:
Swiftech Dual rad
Swiftech Single rad
Swiftech Micro Res
Swiftech Apogee GT Cpu block
Feser One Red Fluid
Old March 10, 2009, 11:13 AM
Rookie

Thanks for all the pics! I can see every conceivable angle, it sure helps a lot! Well I have the i7 965EE and new MB coming in Friday, and I should be ordering up all the WC parts here shortly!

I do see what you mean about cutting the drive bay for the flow into (or is it out of?) the pump - With that Eheim one of the ports is on the top like many pumps, and ya gotta have room for the hose to bend to get outta the bay.

Anyone using a Eheim pump? If so, do you like it? I wanted a pump with enough head I could water the grass from my office if I wanted to :)