Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Cases

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 20, 2017, 07:55 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Default The new Define R6

They'll likely post a link to this themselves but just in "case" (har har) here is the HWC video for the new R6. I have to say this one impressed me. Seems like lots of well thought out features in a good size and tasteful presentation. I like that it supports so many drives in a relatively small space and hides it all nicely.

Of course, great video as always.
https://youtu.be/WWaxLG2hCgo
Old December 20, 2017, 08:08 PM
F@H

My System Specs

This case is a custom watercoolers wet dream ().

I love the case, but probably wont love the pricetag. That and I'd still like to get as small a case as I can with ATX. I dont plan on optical drives, or mechanical.

I wish I could find a teeny-tiny case that would take an ATX board, GPU, PSU, and SSD. That would be glorious. The closest I've found that I'd be happy with is the Define S, I think.
I'm a self certified whizbang repair technician with 20 years of professional bullshit so I don't know what I'm talking about

Last edited by Sagath; December 20, 2017 at 08:18 PM.
Old December 20, 2017, 09:03 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Seems like a nice case, but I am surprised they haven't updated the arc midi to reflect the new internals of the define series in the last few generations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagath View Post

I love the case, but probably wont love the pricetag. That and I'd still like to get as small a case as I can with ATX. I dont plan on optical drives, or mechanical.

I wish I could find a teeny-tiny case that would take an ATX board, GPU, PSU, and SSD. That would be glorious. The closest I've found that I'd be happy with is the Define S, I think.
I am downsizing whenever I do my next re-build as well.
Old December 21, 2017, 05:59 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:

I'd like to downsize too, some. I still have a 650D, and it's been a great case, really don't "need" anything different. But aside from a bunch of drives that I don't plan to part with anytime soon, it has a lot of empty space and takes up a lot of space. Plus the build looks decent so I would like to have something small enough to have up on the desk so I can see it through the side panel rather than the bigger case relegated to the floor. The R6 might fit the bill for my 2 spin drives, 3 SSDs, and I could even keep my DVD burner for that 1 time once every three years that I actually use it!
Old December 21, 2017, 06:49 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Yeah it's definitely a nice case, can't go wrong with Fractal's products. I guess that explains why the R5 has been heavily discounted for the last two weeks.

Looking forward to their C variant refresh!
Old December 21, 2017, 05:48 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
KIC10X | Sliger

Cerberus-X is the ATX
Cerberus is the mATX

https://smallformfactor.net/forum/th...enclosure.454/

Old December 21, 2017, 06:03 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vittra View Post
Yup. That would be perfect. And you pay for it to get it.

I was actually leaning to the meshify/define C. However, I price matched the Define S windowed at ME down to $70. I cannot pass up that deal, especially when I don't pay shipping because one is 10 min down the street from me.
I'm a self certified whizbang repair technician with 20 years of professional bullshit so I don't know what I'm talking about
Old December 21, 2017, 06:21 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vittra View Post
Looks like they copied the NCASE M1 and made it taller
Old December 22, 2017, 08:46 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Visually, sure. Configurations options are significantly different. It's been in development for years (started on [H] just as the M1 did) and Necere/Wahaha have provided input towards it as well.

A few of the SFF designers have created a collaboration project/site where moving forward they will sell their stuff - NCASE is included in this collective, and KI may be in the future:

https://www.sfflab.com

Old December 22, 2017, 10:46 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

I hope they make some revisions and create newer Define mATX and iTX cases.