Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Cases

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 26, 2016, 08:08 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Default The NZXT Manta ITX Case Review Comment Thread

NZXT's Manta case represents a new generation of "super sized" ITX enclosures. It may be a bit large but it incorporates countless features not normally found in the ITX market.

Read and watch more here: The NZXT Manta ITX Case Review
Old January 26, 2016, 08:15 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Yeah.... why buy a mITX case that's the size of a mATX case?

Asrock AM1H-ITX / AM1 Athlon 5350 / 1X4G Gskill PC3-14900 / Intel 6235 Wi-Fi / 90W Targus Power Brick / Uncased 256GB Sandisk Z400S SSD / Mini-Box M350 / 24" Westinghouse L2410NM
Old January 26, 2016, 08:28 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

I suppose they wouldn't keep releasing these type of gigantic ITX cases if they weren't selling, but really, the shot next to the S340 says it all. Crippling your expansion capabilities for virtually no size difference.. this particular trend of ITX makes no sense to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sswilson View Post
Yeah.... why buy a mITX case that's the size of a mATX case?
It's 46L. That puts it in S340 and FT05 territory... ATX cases.. so even crazier than can be possibly believed.

Old January 26, 2016, 08:33 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

I'll take the Fractal Design Nano S over this.
Old January 26, 2016, 08:35 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Upon reflection, the dimension figures online may likely be the box dimensions, so it probably sits closer to 40-42L. I refuse to believe it's really 46L...

Old January 26, 2016, 09:29 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vittra View Post
I suppose they wouldn't keep releasing these type of gigantic ITX cases if they weren't selling, but really, the shot next to the S340 says it all. Crippling your expansion capabilities for virtually no size difference.. this particular trend of ITX makes no sense to me.

It's 46L. That puts it in S340 and FT05 territory... ATX cases.. so even crazier than can be possibly believed.
This is a good point for folks to think about.... I'm currently dealing with the hunt for a replacement 1150 board while I wait for RMA and am finding the mITX in stock "Z" options very slim.

I still like the mITX form, but if a person is going to go this big they might as well stick with an mATX format.

Asrock AM1H-ITX / AM1 Athlon 5350 / 1X4G Gskill PC3-14900 / Intel 6235 Wi-Fi / 90W Targus Power Brick / Uncased 256GB Sandisk Z400S SSD / Mini-Box M350 / 24" Westinghouse L2410NM
Old January 26, 2016, 10:03 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

My views are more extreme than that - 40L is still too big for mATX as far as I am concerned. Mine is 30L and has no component size limitations.

Old January 26, 2016, 10:37 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I think this case is really only aimed towards the individuals that are attracted by the aesthetics of this case. Some people will want to have a case that's something other than cubic rectangle, and this at least gives them another option. It's certainly clean looking and has a nice finish.

But I'm with most here. If I'm going to do an mitx build, I want it to be mitx sized. This is too big to serve as an HTPC. Too big and probably to cumbersome to lug around as a LAN case. Too big for a really limited desk space environment. Just doesn't appeal to me, particularly at that price point. I'd look at a steambox still case, or an Evolv or see what bitfenix has at that price point and go with something smaller. If I was going to go that large, I'd look at an matx or small atx offering.

I don't hate this case, and normally I like a lot of NZXT's offerings, but I think the mark will have a big yawn over this and in a couple years it'll be entirely forgotten.
Old January 26, 2016, 01:45 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeKnight View Post
I think this case is really only aimed towards the individuals that are attracted by the aesthetics of this case. Some people will want to have a case that's something other than cubic rectangle, and this at least gives them another option. It's certainly clean looking and has a nice finish.

But I'm with most here. If I'm going to do an mitx build, I want it to be mitx sized. This is too big to serve as an HTPC. Too big and probably to cumbersome to lug around as a LAN case. Too big for a really limited desk space environment. Just doesn't appeal to me, particularly at that price point. I'd look at a steambox still case, or an Evolv or see what bitfenix has at that price point and go with something smaller. If I was going to go that large, I'd look at an matx or small atx offering.

I don't hate this case, and normally I like a lot of NZXT's offerings, but I think the mark will have a big yawn over this and in a couple years it'll be entirely forgotten.
I carried the CES sample case through 2 airports with no issues at all. It will make a great LAN PC.
Old January 26, 2016, 02:56 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Looks like a nice case. I agree on the size issue, BUT I have no doubt it could sell well. Cases this size allow people to just buy their components without worrying about fitting them.

That all said, my next build will be ITX, but in a smaller case.