Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Cases

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 13, 2015, 08:00 PM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Default Corsair Carbide 600C Inverted Case Review Comment Thread

It's hard to be surprised lately when it comes to computer cases. Enter Corsair with the Carbide 600C and its inverted motherboard mounting design.

Read & watch more here: Corsair Carbide 600C Inverted Case Review

Corsair taking a page from Lian Li's old playbook.
Old December 13, 2015, 08:38 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

OK, I'll admit it... I just don't get the inverted case thing. Why do I want that? We put the power supply back in the top, which we for years now have said should be in the bottom, and now any motherboard or video card logos are upside down. I must be missing something but this doesn't appeal to me.
Old December 13, 2015, 09:29 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lysrin View Post
OK, I'll admit it... I just don't get the inverted case thing. Why do I want that? We put the power supply back in the top, which we for years now have said should be in the bottom, and now any motherboard or video card logos are upside down. I must be missing something but this doesn't appeal to me.
And even inverted, GPU still sags.
Old December 14, 2015, 06:32 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Warm air rises.
Old December 14, 2015, 06:49 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
Warm air rises.
Yeah, I get that, but are we saying then that the p/s up top acting as an exhaust is desirable again? I have had better success it seems in recent years with the p/s drawing in cool air from the bottom and venting out the back. Maybe I am missing your point?
Old December 14, 2015, 06:55 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Depends. In a pressurized case, warm air should never be given the chance to naturally rise of it's own volition. Air movement from varying intake/exhaust/heatsink fans should be directing flow.

I'm of the opinion these days that a case that contains areas with little/no airflow is poorly designed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lysrin View Post
Practical reason - Watercooling loops can be setup in a way that if they fail, they won't potentially leak on other components. Can increase space efficiency in smaller volume cases.

Aesthetic/vanity reason - You'll actually be able to see those nice looking Aquacomputer waterblocks that you installed.

The 600C is a poor implementation overall though. In typical Corsair fashion, it attempts to cater to far too many markets at the same time. Why would you ever use this over an R5, Enthoo Pro, or H440? Exactly.

I'd rather get the FT04 if I wanted this layout.. but I'd still rather use the FT02/FT05 over that one too.

Old December 14, 2015, 07:18 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

This is a really big case, and while I like the aesthetics, I'm thinking that the case doesn't offer that much for its size.

I actually prefer reverse M-ATX because it gives me space for a big reservoir in front without the leaking hazards of having it over any video card PCBs, but for such a tall and wide case the space efficiency is sub-par. I like the triple SSD mounts, but the 3.5" drive cages are poorly placed, and I can get smaller cases with better support for fans and radiators like the NZXT H440, Define R5/S, Master Case Pro, Enthoo Pro-M or Evolv ATX.

The Define S has a better setup for 3.5" drives behind the bulged out part of the mobo tray in front, and better cooling and still has decent silence measures built in.

Either way, another great review from Dmitry and Peter.

Devil's Post! number 666!

Xeven: How about 10^8.450980400142567e-001 -as a possible replacement for "10e"

http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=71732
Old December 14, 2015, 09:08 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Even the old lianli like my v1100 have the psu in the bottom with a separated area for hard drives and psu heat.
Old December 15, 2015, 03:16 PM
Rookie

looks good though i would have preferred that they innovated with a 90 degree rotated mobo setup instead! so that the IO plate is at the top. not sure if there is something already out there like that?
Old December 15, 2015, 04:02 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by choosy View Post
looks good though i would have preferred that they innovated with a 90 degree rotated mobo setup instead! so that the IO plate is at the top. not sure if there is something already out there like that?
SilverStone Technology Co., Ltd.INTRODUCTION:FT02 ?

Asrock AM1H-ITX / AM1 Athlon 5350 / 1X4G Gskill PC3-14900 / Intel 6235 Wi-Fi / 90W Targus Power Brick / Uncased 256GB Sandisk Z400S SSD / Mini-Box M350 / 24" Westinghouse L2410NM