Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Cases

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 3, 2015, 10:22 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Default Thermaltake rip-off equals Thermalfake

I'm a big fan of their Core V31, but this is horrible. That being said the V31 was the last ThermalFake product I ever buy. I might recycle it now.

First they rip off the CM Stacker design with their line of Core V21 cases and now this:

Suppressor F51. Look familiar?

Holy crap. So disappointing!

Overclock3D :: Review :: Thermaltake 'designs' at Computex 2015 look familiar :: Thermaltake Sinks to a New Design Low at Computex

Xeven: How about 10^8.450980400142567e-001 -as a possible replacement for "10e"

http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=71732
Old June 4, 2015, 02:54 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

That's ridiculous.
Old June 4, 2015, 03:25 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I've always though TT cases were kind of crap tbh, usually kind of over-plastic'd and ugly and the quality just never felt there.

Seeing this isn't a big surprise, but they should be shame-faced that they're copying that blatantly.
Old June 4, 2015, 06:14 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Scum.

Old June 4, 2015, 08:47 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

It is pretty obvious but I do have to say that VERY little in the case design world is original these days.
Old June 4, 2015, 09:18 AM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
It is pretty obvious but I do have to say that VERY little in the case design world is original these days.
I mean, it is a big metal box :P
Although Inwin has been pushing some pretty crazy design!
Old June 4, 2015, 09:33 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
I think most of use realize that, and for the fractal cases it's not like they're cutting edge style (after all a black rectangular box is a black rectangular box, but those two cases are just about identical from the pics. Admittedly, maybe the internals are completely different, I can't tell from the pics. But you'd think they'd at least try to make them look a touch different (a color stripe, throw a logo, cut the vents a little different, something).
Old June 4, 2015, 09:47 AM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

At this point...Im not surprised. Tt has been doing this for well over a decade (more like 15yrs or more by my recollections). Still not cool. HOPEFULLY its just skin deep and they built in tweaks that make it different - where it counts.

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr
Old June 5, 2015, 04:04 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Well there never are in any established product line.

You could say the same thing about cars until the self-parking car, and now the self-driving car. The rest of the ideas were just mods/iterations of older ideas, and there are incremental changes and progress made continually.

Some ideas have come from the community (PSU shrouds, behind the mobo SSD mounts), and some have come from other manufacturers like Fractal's off-set fan mount for top mounted radiators, which they are still the best at.

But in essence I haven't seen such blatant and consistent ripping off like this probably ever.

Case-in-point, the Suppressor F51 doesn't have to have a front panel exactly like the Define R5 as the internals are fairly different.

It looks to me like they have no engineering or R&D department, so they are in dire straits and this guy who is on their videos is just trying to keep the boat afloat.

Xeven: How about 10^8.450980400142567e-001 -as a possible replacement for "10e"

http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=71732