Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Cases

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 24, 2015, 03:18 AM
Allstar

Default Streacom F12C Dominates the High-End HTPC

Streacom makes fan-less small form factor PC cases. Now they release the F12C, a HTPC case with 4mm thick sandblasted aluminum that should fit nicely in a home theater with Marantz Pre/amp & Amps. (Still waiting for that Free-Sync enabled 4K OLED LG!)

It has an open internal layout that can fit anything, has two 140mm fans blasting through your components into the 140mm exhaust fan on the other side, and two extra 140mm fan mounts on top.

Seems like a lot for air-cooling, but I'm not sure how it works optimally. The intakes blast through the CPU area (which will send some hot air into the top GPU in an SLI build. The second card won't get any air except from the top vent.

As for water-cooling, I think it is better thought out than air-cooling. the possibilities are endless.

Dimitry should definitely review this case with all cooling options.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2-e8DFZhgE
Attached Images