Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Cases

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 9, 2015, 04:49 AM
Trial Member

Question mATX/mITX Case 2x 240mm?

Hey guys :)
I know, some of you guys would shoot me for this.
I am currently on a Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Case, CPU under water. It's the best case I had so far, but somehow I want another one. I am traveling a lot with my PC and since the Evolv is very heavy it's not that simple sometimes. Also I love the feeling of getting new stuff . Nevermind, I need suggestions for a good mATX/ITX case with good watercool options (2x 240mm?) for CPU and GPU. Sidewindow is a must, also a good accessability of components like hard drives, SATA ports and fan connectors. I thought about the Air 240 but I don't know much about the maximum watercool options.
Opinions? Suggestions? :)
Thank you!
Old February 9, 2015, 06:15 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Not sure exactly what you vaule most, but IMO if you are travelling a lot I would considier corsair 380t.

I believe it is limited to a single 240mm rad on the side and a 120mm in the back (not quite what your after, but close...don't quote me on those), but travelling with it would be simple compared to a standard case.
Old February 9, 2015, 05:45 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I caught this out off the air as it was falling once so I like the handles.

Prodigy Mini ITX 200 MM front and 140 MM rear.
Attached Images

Old February 9, 2015, 08:49 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

EVGA Hadron maybe?

You won't find a lot in 'smaller' Mitx cases that have room for two separate rads internally. Bitfenix's prodigy like ZZLEE suggested, but it's hardly a 'small' mitx case. Depending on what you're running, if portability's your biggest concern, you might want to consider going air and then something like an RVZ01 or ML07 is just a bit bigger than a 360 (although there's no side window and watercooling is very unlikely.
Old February 9, 2015, 10:32 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

I've been looking around for ages and haven't found anything that I really like for water cooling.
Mah Rig now
Mah Rig before
My stuff for sale.
Old February 10, 2015, 12:11 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Look at the ASUS Impact VII, M.2, sound card, WI-FI card, fan headers,

And water blocks ( whole board )
Old February 10, 2015, 09:31 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

The Carbide Air 240 is fine if you want a Mini ITX board in there with dual 240mm 35mm or thinner radiators, but any regular height card with top mounted water ports will hit the window and scratch it if you don't put some soft foam on the top of the water ports. They needed to make the case a few millimetres wider to avoid this. Also big cards like the Asus Strix, MSI Lightning, and any other card that is a bit taller than usual won't fit.

Your best bet is easily the Fractal Design Node 804. It is compact, stylish, has a nice window, and not too heavy.

I have test fit a 280mm Alphacool Nexxxos Monsta in PUSH-PULL in the top of the (right) PSU compartment and it fit! It can also fit another 240mm radiator of unlimited thickness in the top of the motherboard (left) compartment at the same time as long as you plug the 8-PIN CPU connector in FIRST and are not using high profile heatsink equipped RAM. The 8-pin is a pain to put in with thick radiators at the top. You can avoid this if using not-too-long video cards and putting a 35-45mm thick 240mm rad in the front.

It has 2x2.5" SSD slots at the bottom of the motherboard compartment and also has 2x3.5" disk cages in the other side, and you could easily put a radiator and reservoir in that compartment and still keep one of the disk cages.

The case is stupid in terms of water cooling and storage. Go take a look and download the manual. It has very detailed information on clearance and suggestions for fans and radiator mounting possibilities.

Now go, go buy one.

Now.

Xeven: How about 10^8.450980400142567e-001 -as a possible replacement for "10e"

http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=71732
Old February 10, 2015, 09:38 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond007 View Post
Not sure exactly what you vaule most, but IMO if you are travelling a lot I would considier corsair 380t.

I believe it is limited to a single 240mm rad on the side and a 120mm in the back (not quite what your after, but close...don't quote me on those), but travelling with it would be simple compared to a standard case.
One of Corsair's best cases, but the back doesn't fit a 120mm radiator and the right side radiator can't be more than 30mm thick with 25mm thick fans, or you need to go slim fans if you want a thicker 35mm radiator there as the radiator is not high enough to not hit the RAM clips otherwise. Without modding the front can fit a 120mm medium thickness radiator with the water ports on the left (video card) side of the case.

I modified one by cutting off the front disk cage portion of the motherboard and by doing that I can fit a Swiftech H220X in front. It is the only 240mm radiator that fits vertically there as there is limited height due to the extra rigidity folds on the internal chassis portion of the top handle assembly.

Of course, once I did that, I test fit a 290mm long PowerColor 7990 there, so that gives you an indication of what CAN fit with a little drilling and hack-sawing of this case.

This is now my favorite Mini ITX case.

ZZLee, the Prodigy is awesome still but the 200mm radiators hit the side mounted ports unless they are mounted in pull so that the radiator doesn't hit the I/O plugs.

180mm radiators are 100% fine though.

Old February 10, 2015, 11:41 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Mines in push and IO fitment is tight. 0 clearance. especially USB3.
Old February 10, 2015, 12:26 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZLEE View Post
Mines in push and IO fitment is tight. 0 clearance. especially USB3.
The way you did it was right in terms of not trying to put in a top mounted radiator. I did that and it made the integration a somewhat hellish experience. Mine was customized with top, front and side acrylic panels, and I moved the 240mm radiators over to the right so they were away from the video card.

If I did it again I'd make a top mounted bracket to be able to remove the top panel and have the left side above the video card open until I replaced the top acrylic panel.

The Thermaltake Core V21 does this to great effect. This would also be a really good case for the O.P.

Here's what my mod looks like: