Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Cases

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 1, 2014, 07:51 AM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

Default So many choices from Phanteks coming up

So, really looking at getting a new system, and actually looking at WC'ing it so had eyes on cases designed for that.

Well, saw the Enthoo Primo, beautiful case, but damn it looks huge.

Then saw the Enthoo Pro and was OMG, found my next case.

Then, saw the release from Computex and the Mini XL.

So now it is between the mini XL and the Entoo Pro. Nice thing, not locked into either ATX or mATX at the moment.

Guys over at Hexus.net actually stopped in and did a look at it an actual setup and really has me thinking.

Really hope Dmitri will get his hands on one to review like he did for the Primo and Pro.
Old July 1, 2014, 06:38 PM
MVP

That Mini XL looks like a smaller Primo with a few polished features (like that front dust filter coming out the side) not a bad choice! I have the Primo with the new build I just put together last week and while I think Phanteks cases are simply exceptional with features and capability...I would never pay $250 for one again.

Just an FYI if you're looking at them, I've had numerous issues getting one here intact due to shotty build quality. I expected SO much more in terms of quality and in that respect am extremely disappointed. A lot of cheap plastic parts, plastic parts that don't line up right, don't fit right, everything you'd expect from a lower quality product.

Don't get me wrong, I love the case and will continue to use it, but this case in particular (and possibly the whole Enthoo line) is not top quality.
Old July 1, 2014, 09:31 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
That Mini XL looks like a smaller Primo with a few polished features (like that front dust filter coming out the side) not a bad choice! I have the Primo with the new build I just put together last week and while I think Phanteks cases are simply exceptional with features and capability...I would never pay $250 for one again.

Just an FYI if you're looking at them, I've had numerous issues getting one here intact due to shotty build quality. I expected SO much more in terms of quality and in that respect am extremely disappointed. A lot of cheap plastic parts, plastic parts that don't line up right, don't fit right, everything you'd expect from a lower quality product.

Don't get me wrong, I love the case and will continue to use it, but this case in particular (and possibly the whole Enthoo line) is not top quality.

Thanks for that feedback.

I'm not gonna get a Primo. My sights are set on either a Pro, Mini XL or maybe even a Corsair or NZXT one.
Old July 2, 2014, 05:27 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

I purchased a Phanteks cooler that was missing a backplate - returned it.

On two occasions, I've emailed them and never received a response (unrelated to the backplate). The Enthoo Pro has some fantastic implementations at it's price point, but I can't help but feel they don't actually stand behind their products or have QC of any kind.

Old July 5, 2014, 12:39 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

For WC'ing....if I didnt have a 900D my next choice be Primo for sure....if you serious about Liquid Cooling the No 1 concern is "where and what size" Rads can I fit :) ...then..where can I put my Rez....that Primo is smaller than my 900D yet packs a WC'ing punch for a reasonable cost...check out Linus review, lots of additional features !!

...and really...if I was super anal nit picking my 900D I would have sent it back for a replacement based on a number of things....its a great case for WC'ing, but some of the designs are "cheap" considering.

Firestrike Extreme: 21.452
https://www.3dmark.com/fs/14167916
MARK 11: 32.530
https://www.3dmark.com/3dm11/12496075

Introducing me n my OCD to Watercooling, is like taking an Alcoholic to an "all you can drink" Beach Bar in Mexico

Old July 29, 2014, 08:27 AM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjbarker View Post
For WC'ing....if I didnt have a 900D my next choice be Primo for sure....if you serious about Liquid Cooling the No 1 concern is "where and what size" Rads can I fit :) ...then..where can I put my Rez....that Primo is smaller than my 900D yet packs a WC'ing punch for a reasonable cost...check out Linus review, lots of additional features !!

...and really...if I was super anal nit picking my 900D I would have sent it back for a replacement based on a number of things....its a great case for WC'ing, but some of the designs are "cheap" considering.
Thanks, they just released the Luxe and MNPC Tech has a review of it. Really thinking the extra $50 will be rather well spent since it can fit thicker rads in the top (Hello trip 140's).