Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Cases

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 6, 2014, 05:33 PM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Default Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case Review Comment Thread

The sound of a $99 mid-tower case may not sound like anything special but the new Phanteks Enthoo Pro does things differently. Like the Primo before it, the Pro sets a new standard.

Read and watch more here: Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case Review
Old May 8, 2014, 08:02 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

To be honest, I'm really liking the looks, features and definitely price of this case.

I haven't owned a case in over a year now (aside from my Dimastech Bench) but this has definitely caught my attention. I have been looking at the NZXT H440, Corsair Air 540 and the Coolermaster Haf XB Evo but this case has just made my choices a bit harder (or perhaps easier). The Phanteks Enthoo Pro looks like it has all the features I'm looking for and then some.

Here are the reasons I couldn't make up my mind on the other cases:

NZXT H440 - Not sure I'm willing to give up my 5.25" bays just yet
Corsair Air 540 - Vertical bays limit my installation of a bay res or fan controller
Coolermaster HAF XB Evo - The amount of real estate required to house this 'box' is a bit concerning as I don't have that much space to spare

Though they aren't necessarily huge problems, if I'm going to spend money on a case, I want it to do everything I want it to. This case will definitely house all my custom watercooling which is a bonus (including the res mounts).

Unless something else is revealed, then I think this may be the one. If anyone else has any other suggestions on cases to look at, please don't hesitate to chime in!
Old May 8, 2014, 08:39 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Great review of a fantastic bang for buck case. I wonder if they will release a mid tower with just as much appeal. Seems like this case has it all, but its a bit bigger than what I would buy.
Desktop: Antec Three Hundred, Z77-D3H, 3570K undervolt @4.1ghz with Zalman Optima Cooler, Corsair Vengeance 2x4gb@1866mhz, HD 6950(unlocked shaders and OC'd), Bitfenix Fury 750w, WD Black 1TB, Intel 530 120GB
Away from home light Gamer: Acer Aspire 15.6", A8-3500m undervolt and OC to 2Ghz, 2x4gb Corsair Vengeance, Crucial M500 240gb
Old May 8, 2014, 11:18 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

I think what we are seeing is just the tip of the iceberg. :)
Old May 8, 2014, 12:16 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

If they keep up by building feature rich products with aggressive pricing, I think it may shake things up a bit for other manufacturers.

Having never dealt with Phanteks, I can't speak for their support but if they can match Corsair's support team, then they will definitely be able to gain traction over some of the other manufacturers.*

*Based on my personal experience with Corsair which has ALWAYS exceeded expectations in every way.
Old May 8, 2014, 05:53 PM
Top Prospect

I was drooling when I saw the Primo but the price left me unwilling to run to NCIX to get one.
This case however at $100 just made me rethink my decision in cases! My HAF X is due for an upgrade (Great case, I got bored though), the Level 10GT is still waiting under the other desk for me to switch, this case is just simply LEGEN-DARY! It's not flashy, which is the only down side for me, but the elegance in it is simply LEGEN-DARY. All of those features, at that price point, with those looks are simply LEGEN-DARY(Yes this case deserves 3 LEGEN-DARY shouts!).

Another great review from Dimitri, hopefully I'll be building a system in one of these cases soon.

Last edited by TheDarkLord; May 8, 2014 at 06:12 PM.
Old May 12, 2014, 07:56 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

I love the fact that this case is nearly completely joined by screws and not rivets. While drilling out rivets with a 1/8" drill bit is easy, and the holes can usually be used with 6-32 screws, You always have to repaint them to match the case (unless the screws are black on a black case) and make sure the screws cover the newly exposed unpainted part (or repaint it again)

This case re-defines what you get for $100.00 U.S. and I can't wait to see what the Luxe version brings and see which one I prefer. Also the fact that it is not massive and can support a lot of water cooling is quite awesome. A white version would be nice too

Great review (as always) Dmitry.

Xeven: How about 10^8.450980400142567e-001 -as a possible replacement for "10e"

http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=71732
Old May 12, 2014, 08:53 AM
Rookie

My System Specs

Wow, this looks awesome. Does anyone know if you could fit a Phobya 200mm radiator in the front?
Old May 12, 2014, 09:46 AM
Rookie

I just can't wait for it to hit Canadian shelves. I'm currently in China, and its on sale already here, but for 750rmb :(
Old May 23, 2014, 11:57 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insomnia9669 View Post
Wow, this looks awesome. Does anyone know if you could fit a Phobya 200mm radiator in the front?
I can't see why not. At 6:46 of Dmitry's review, you can see he removes the entire front drive assembly which will likely give you enough width clearance for the 200mm you need for that radiator.

Right at 6:50 you see the front panel is naked with just the 200mm fan sitting there with nothing else to block a potential radiator spot.

Xeven: How about 10^8.450980400142567e-001 -as a possible replacement for "10e"

http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=71732