Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Cases

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 27, 2014, 05:53 PM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Default Corsair Graphite Series 760T Review Comment Thread

Itís finally here. Announced at CES 2014 and teased ever since, Corsairís Graphite 760T has arguably become one of the most talked-about and eagerly anticipated cases of the year.

Read and watch more here: Corsair Graphite Series 760T Review
Old March 27, 2014, 06:20 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Beautiful case that has very few flaws. Nice review as always. It's definitely out of the price range I shop in , but for someone who wants a very clean and sharp looking case this could be the one. That said I agree with no awards for it...when you approach the $200 mark there shouldn't be compromises that cheaper cases don't even have.
Old March 28, 2014, 06:28 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Nice review Dmitry, cudos. I have had 3 Corsair cases over the years. Never a problem with any, and a joy to build with. I would have to agree it would be a deal breaker for me not to have the top dust filter. Having said that I suspect in time we will see it sold as an addon or it will come with it in future runs. It seems to me to be like the graphite 600t's. Originally they came with the plastic side, but after a while they added the mesh sides for fan placement and air flow. I myself am not to concerned about the motherboard mounting panel, but yes stronger would be better. Also I like to move the drive cages to allow for proper air flow so some cutouts or grooves to access their screws would also be nice. Not a deal breaker but a big oversite if you have to remove the bottom to get at them. All in all I would highly recommend corsair cases for a build. Great review and thanks!

p://www.hardfolding.com/fhtag.php/mem/7984290/26/1.png[/IMG][/url]
Old March 28, 2014, 09:52 AM
Rookie

Can you guys explain why having a top filter is so important and is it really a deal breaker?

I can understand filters in all intakes.. but why do exhaust vents need filtration? Am i missing out on something?
Old March 28, 2014, 11:56 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

1) Radiators with fans used as intake (positive pressure airflow)

2) Dust will settle on/into the case if the machine is left off for a period of time (doesn't necessarily apply for this particular case)

Old March 28, 2014, 12:06 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Excellent review!

I've been waiting for an upgrade to the 600t for a while now, and I love the direction this case has gone. Unfortunately, I'm with everyone else on this one. It really does need a dust filter on the top. Honestly though, I'd be perfectly happy with a raised top cap as was mentioned in the review. As it stands, it's a glaring mistake on an otherwise incredible case design.

My only other gripe is the 'feet' of the case. I really don't like the look of those stands. (They look cheap and gimmicky on an otherwise simple design.) If they release an aftermarket solution for the top grill, I'd definitely look at picking one up and replacing those stands with proper aluminum feet.
Old March 28, 2014, 01:27 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

I really like the panel look of this case. Similar to the InWin 904 that was reviewed, the side has an excellent look, with this model not suffering some of the glaring flaws the 904 had. The flimsyness of the case is a bit disappointing, but when the case is closed and together I would imagine the frame's sturdy enough that it's not an issue. I also like the SSD mounts. Like Caldezar I've got a 600t, but this just doesn't blow me enough away for an upgrade. It's a nice case, but seems to have that '1.0' feeling that a lot of the new cases have. It is always nice to see the progress that's being made in cases, and I could imagine a revised version or a successor to this case being spectacular.
Old March 29, 2014, 09:23 PM
HWC YouTube Reviewer

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoTech View Post
Nice review Dmitry, cudos....I would have to agree it would be a deal breaker for me not to have the top dust filter.
Thanks :D I just dont understand why such an insignificant to cost addition is ommited. Same deal with the AIR 540 on the PSU intake. Missing dust filters is becoming a Corsair thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by macro6 View Post
Can you guys explain why having a top filter is so important and is it really a deal breaker?
As per below

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vittra View Post
1) Radiators with fans used as intake (positive pressure airflow)

2) Dust will settle on/into the case if the machine is left off for a period of time (doesn't necessarily apply for this particular case)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caldezar View Post
Excellent review....Unfortunately, I'm with everyone else on this one. It really does need a dust filter on the top. Honestly though, I'd be perfectly happy with a raised top cap as was mentioned in the review. As it stands, it's a glaring mistake on an otherwise incredible case design.

My only other gripe is the 'feet' of the case. I really don't like the look of those stands. (They look cheap and gimmicky on an otherwise simple design.) If they release an aftermarket solution for the top grill, I'd definitely look at picking one up and replacing those stands with proper aluminum feet.
Raised top cover would have probably earned an award for the 760T. Regarding the case feet, they are actually VERY sturdy plastic. Heavy duty = stability.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeKnight View Post
I really like the panel look of this case. Similar to the InWin 904 that was reviewed, the side has an excellent look, with this model not suffering some of the glaring flaws the 904 had. The flimsyness of the case is a bit disappointing, but when the case is closed and together I would imagine the frame's sturdy enough that it's not an issue.
Yes, I actually shot a comparison clip between the 904 glass panels and the plastic ones to show the resemblance but it was very minor..aesthetics wise. Didn't feel i needed to include that in the review. And like you said, this flimsy feel IS disappointing from a preference stand point, not structural definition.
Old March 29, 2014, 11:27 PM
Rookie

it seems HWC is the only reviewer to seem to push for filters on top of cases. All other reviewer never mentions the lack of top filter a setback or dont even bother mentioning it at all.
Old March 30, 2014, 06:35 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by macro6 View Post
it seems HWC is the only reviewer to seem to push for filters on top of cases. All other reviewer never mentions the lack of top filter a setback or dont even bother mentioning it at all.
Likely because they don't care....

From what I see, most case reviews are simply overviews which are afraid to call out issues.