Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Cases

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 30, 2014, 06:57 AM
HWC YouTube Reviewer

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by macro6 View Post
it seems HWC is the only reviewer to seem to push for filters on top of cases. All other reviewer never mentions the lack of top filter a setback or dont even bother mentioning it at all.
Well that is because dust settles. If your comp is not under a desk it'll just collect the dust up top when the machine is powered off. Plus top intake is more common than you think. Seems like only the Obsidian line gets the top-dust-filter treatment..WHY?
Old March 30, 2014, 11:17 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

macro6, there are two things that should be understood about reviews:

1) A review cannot possibly cover ever single aspect of a product
2) A good reviewer will attempt to remain as objective as possible, but ultimately will always focus on certain aspects they feel are most important to their viewing audience

The mention of the filtration is important for someone such as I who does prefer to use positive pressure to eliminate as much a dust from accumulating as possible. Ever since owning a FT02, it's something I always keep in mind if the build allows for it to be used thoughtfully.

It's obvious this case was first and foremost designed to be aesthetically pleasing. The 750D is the more functional of the two designs, all things considered. The top has a magnetic mesh that is usable while fans are fitted, and the front, while solid, still allows airflow to pass through the sides of it.