Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Cases

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 25, 2014, 03:39 PM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Default Corsair Obsidian 450D Review Comment Thread

Corsair is parachuting their new Obsidian 450D into a crowded market but with its impressive feature list, this case should have what it takes to become dominant.

Read and watch more here: Corsair Obsidian 450D Review
Old March 25, 2014, 03:42 PM
Hall Of Fame

Was there damage to that case? I'm looking at the pictures and the floor looks bent in the one picture.
Old March 25, 2014, 04:41 PM
Top Prospect

Nah, not impressed.... For that price I would get a H440 or upgrade to a 750D.
Old March 25, 2014, 05:07 PM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by enaberif View Post
Was there damage to that case? I'm looking at the pictures and the floor looks bent in the one picture.
I think it was just an oddity in the camera angle / lens.
Old March 26, 2014, 01:28 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

I've had one here for a month and a half and it is a really solid case with the ability to fit an enthusiast minded system in it.

If you want to put a 240/280mm radiator in the front you lose the hard drive cage which either mounts to the bottom of the 5.25" cage or to the bottom of the case on top of a plastic riser.

If you want a similar radiator in the bottom you may run into troubles with the PSU cabling depending on length and type of unit and you would have to have the hard drive cage mounted to the 5.25" bays.

The stock fans in the case, while providing good air flow, are a bit on the noisy side.
Most people would want to use a fan controller or just add their own choice of fans to the case.

I just had a secondary system running in it for a couple of week.
I've been wanting to try swapping my main rig out of my Air 540 to try the 450D but I've just been busy and my desk has been full of other projects!
Old March 29, 2014, 09:27 PM
HWC YouTube Reviewer

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by enaberif View Post
Which shot?

The panels are really thin and i actually accidentally bent one corner on the windowed panel at the bottom front.